Work Location : La Défense – Paris – France / Remote (in office 3 days every 2 weeks)
Start : ASAP – September
- Project Engineer with 5-8 years of experience in FABRICATION offshore wind, with a background in Fabrication or QC ;
- Mandatory background is experience in Planning, particularly fabrication in offshore wind, particularly foundations ;
- Be a good coordinator, receiving the information from quantity surveyors on site, the deliverables from the contractor ;
- He/she is expected to review planning schedules from a technical perspective, particularly with Fabrication and QC knowledge, reporting on the different services and advise in case of delays ;
- He/she is also expected to follow up the payment schedule ;
- Reduced travel abroads are expected and if it is the case, the person would travel very punctually to Spain (max 3 times in 1 year) ;
- Excellent level in English ;
- Knowledge of spanish is a big plus ;
- Offshore Oil & Gas experience in fabrication planning and execution is accepted.
1- Scope of Work
The service provided by the Contractor will follow the project breakdown and will cover the following:
- Support the review of Contractor’s schedules, detect whether all activities are still on track in accordance with progress of the works on site.
- Pro-actively anticipate constrains and determine effects of the changes in the schedule in accordance with the evolution of the works on site.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings;
- Manage Fabrication Schedule Status Reports to keep package management informed on
- fabrication control progress.
- Support and liaise with the site QC team:
- o implement schedules inputs, progress status and any tasks changes or updates. o provide all necessary schedule support and information to improve project
- deadlines and execution.
- Develop projects schedule in accordance with schedule management procedures and
- inputs from the project team on site (work program, assumptions, risks…)
- The following deliverables shall be issued by the Service Provider to the Employer:
- – Contractual and Commercial Register,
- – Fabrication Schedule Status Reports
- – Monthly progress report for the Foundation Package
- – Minutes of Meetings
- – Weekly status reports
- – Assessment reports and other reports as necessary during the project.
- – Signed-off presence sheets where the Service is delivered,
- – Monthly activity reports, in accordance with Monthly Activity Report or
- otherwise instructed by Employer’s representative, including:
- Annex1: register of deliverables issued during the reference month
- Annex2: presence sheet.
3- Requirements for the execution of the Services
In critical situations where review times can have a large impact on the project execution and potentially cause delays, it is expected from the Service provider to ensure a high flexibility and commitment to perform the required reviews within the shortest time possible.
– The Service Provider shall comply as a minimum with:
o Local health and safety regulatory and statutory requirements,
o Specific health and safety requirements applicable at Related Contractors’ sites
(fabrication yards, quays, vessels, office…) where the Services are delivered,
o Any health and safety requirements instructed by the Employer’s representative.
In particular, the Service Provider shall not perform any Services in unsafe conditions and shall immediately report to Employer’s representative any unsafe situation.
– The Service Provider shall provide to all its contracts managers all the necessary materials for the performance of the Services (computers, personal protective equipment, cell phone…)
4- Participation to Meetings & Workshops
In order to ensure a continuous communication between the Employer and the Service Provider, a series of meetings will be organised by Employer throughout the duration of the Contract. Attendance and participation to these meetings will be key to ensure communication and alignment between the parties.
5- Coordination Meetings
Among the recurrent meetings organised by Employer, the Service Provider Contract management team will be requested to attend to monthly coordination meetings. These meetings will aim at:
- Measuring performance of the Contract execution,
- Holding discussions on challenges, difficulties, lessons learnt,
- From time to time, the coordination meetings could be face-to-face meetings held in the Employer’s offices in Paris-La Défense. However, if jointly agreed, those meetings will normally be held through conference call or teleconference call.
- – The agenda of coordination meetings is at this stage preliminary and will be fine-tuned all along contract execution,
- – The frequency of these meetings may vary (increased, decreased or even suspended) during periods when exchanges do not seem to be necessary.
6- Adhoc Meetings & Workshops
- In addition, various ad-hoc meetings or workshops will also take place. If Employer judges it relevant, the Service Provider will be requested to attend to these ad-hoc meetings.
Activity 1: Evaluate Contractor’s schedule progress and performance and identify problem areas
- Review of Contractor’s schedules, detect whether all activities are still on track in accordance with progress of the works on site.
- Identify constrains and determine effects of the changes in the schedule in accordance with the evolution of the works on site.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Contractor;
- Develop and maintain periodic Fabrication Schedule Status Reports to keep package management informed on fabrication control progress.
- Liaise with site QC team:
- To implement schedules inputs, progress status and any tasks changes or updates.
- To provide all necessary schedule support and information to improve project deadlines and execution.
Timeline : 01/04/2023 – 01/08/2024
Deliverables : Fabrication Control Report
Activity 2: Develop projects schedule in accordance with schedule management procedures and inputs from the project team (work program, assumptions, risks…)
- Develop projects schedule in accordance with schedule management procedures and inputs from the project team on site (work program, assumptions, risks…)
Timeline: 01/04/2023 – 01/08/2024
Deliverables : Fabrication Control Report