The HSE Specialist is responsible of supporting local management in establishing and continuously improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture within the worksite.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop managers' awareness and ensure HSE policies and standards are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist line management with: Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE objectives; liaising with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assessing local risks; generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
- Advise management on corrective actions required.
- Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
- Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
- Advise management on the level local HSE compliance with the client, local and host country regulations.
- Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate meetings and HSE audits.
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel through communication, training and promoting involvement in HSE programs.
- Recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Analyze HSE trends for the location.
- Bs or Ms Degree in Industrial Engineering or HSE related degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing environment.
- Good Knowledge of Office suite and Data analysis,
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, 45001 standards, knowledge of API and ATEX standards will be considered a plus.
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Flexibility, team working and problem solving skills.
- Creativity and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills