POSITION : Head of Production
NAME OF STAFF :
REPORTING TO : Operations Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR’S NAME :
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : Hassi Bir Rekaiz (HBR) Project / Production Department
LOCATION : 129 kilometers to the east of Hassi Messaoud, Touggourt Region, Sahara Desert, Algeria
· Ensure the achievement of the HBR Production operation of the field in accordance with the forecasts approved by Government Authority.
· Effectively plan all field activities, including Safety, Production, Maintenance, Well services, Logistic, and Administrative in compliance with HBR Asset Management System, environmental, legislative requirements, and SSHE instructions.
· Ensure regular monitoring of the operation of the facilities and the execution of the works.
· Exploit the producing wells and injectors, carry out the well intervention when required.
· Contribute to study for the HBR facilities performance improvement
· Facilitate communication, coordination with multi-discipline for the success of HBR Project
· Ensure good planning and scheduling of works
· Ensure compliance with hygiene and safety rules
· Ensure that Production and Maintenance operation are performed safely.
· Deal with any incident that occurs on the facilities and make timely decisions.
· Planning and coordinating to ensure adequate resources for all Production and Well services operation
· Being an operations site representative at the Construction area(s) and responsible for commissioning & start-up activities on behalf of the Production Operations Department.
· Participates in setting up, updating and distributing rules and safety instructions for the field and ensuring their application.
· Supervise the implementation of the Operations and Maintenance contract for the HBR asset.
· Develop and manage the planned budget for Production and Well services operation
· Ensure the supply of its structure in products necessary for the operation of the facilities such as Production chemicals, consumable, etc
· Manage the well operations team, Control room operation, which involving the various departments responsible for well operations.
· Prepare / Negotiate new contracts to support Production and Well services operation, communicate conflicting clauses when needed to the hierarchy.
· Coordinate with other support structures all activities to achieve maximum efficiency in operations.
· Approve and control any changes or modification to all production facilities
· Study and approve the well intervention program for well performance improvement.
· Ensure Operations & Maintenance manuals are ready to use in Day to Day operations
o Its rational use
o Its development
· Participate in the establishment of permanent procedures and instructions related to Production operation.
· Notify Operations managers of unforeseen gaps in day to day operations and propose for rectification
· Ensure periodic evaluation of staff performance and development actions accordingly.
· Liaise with the Operations manager and Human resources manager to assist with planned recruitment, skills gap analysis, training needs analysis, and training execution, as required.
· To train, develop and mentor all Production Department staff in order to improve job competency
· Ensure all latest updated technical documentation are available onsite and/or via online, e.g. key drawing, Operation and Maintenance manuals and technical journals
· Supervise all personnel including third parties to ensure work comply with relevant procedures such as SSHE and Operation standard procedures.
· Cultivate ownership of equipment and tools to ensure availability and reliability
· Manage team competence development and performance.
· Good management and problem solving skills
Continuous Professional Development
· Keep abreast of relevant latest technology development to be considered for possible implementation at work place.
· Considering for Cost optimization VS Best efficiency
· Signatory to certify onshore pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities
· Responsible for Production reporting system and production report for either Internal and External
· Approver of subordinates timesheet, extra day, overtime, leaves
· Approver of Contractor’s report and time sheet
The primary responsibilities of the Production Manager are:
· Promote active safety awareness in the Production Department, Monitor and ensure compliance with Management of Change (MOC) and Company’s SSHE procedures.
· Undertake safety Operating envelop of plant, equipment, machinery and process.
· Work towards achieving the MOC Health and Safety Objectives.
· Ensure a complete competent in the MOC Permit To work System Procedures.
· Report all accident, incidents, near-misses and dangerous occurrences to Operations manager immediately.
· Ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery is operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and Operation & Maintenance manual.
· Ensure that any changes or minor modification to any plant, equipment or machinery are via Engineering Work request Procedure and that all documentation is complete.
· Support Operations manager during emergency response and be able to handling emergency situation
· General manager and his Deputy
· Maintenance Manager and his subordinates in Maintenance department
· SSHE Manager and his subordinates in SSHE department
· Project Manager and his subordinates in Project department
· Procurement & Logistic Manager his / her subordinates in Procurement & Logistic department
· Human Resources Manager and his / her subordinates in Human Resources department
· Finance & Accounting Manager and his / her subordinates in Finance & Accounting department
· Related Support function at HMD base and Algiers office
· HBR Contractors, EPC Contractors and all visitors
· Vendors, workshops and related support personnel
· Master Degree or Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Petroleum Science, Engineering (Production of Hydrocarbons) or relevant technical experience
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Hydrocarbon production industry environment in a Production and Well engineering management
· Broad knowledge and competent in oil and gas production facilities and processing
· Broad knowledge of Project, Construction and Commissioning activities, with previous experience in one or more Algeria construction sites.
· Experience working in the Dessert environment, preferably Algeria.
· Control of Major Emergencies training
· Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
· Physical and / or intellectual effort
· Be able to travelling for company’s business
· Have knowledge of business drivers affecting MOC
· Managing on Job Training (OJT) and knowledge transfer / Coaching
· Experience with training and transfer of knowledge in support of nationalization programs.
In recent years, we have invested in the digitalization of our recruitment process so that our recruiters can dedicate more time to qualitative discussions with the selected candidates. We have also redesigned our job board on the website to make it easier to find jobs and apply. The entire Recruitment team is committed to providing the best possible experience to our candidates.