Manager: Co-Drilling Director
Location: Client’s office
Drilling Superintendent plans, supervises, and controls drilling activities in operational aspects, ensuring quality, reliability as well as safety and efficiency of operations. The jobholder carries out drilling program; supervises the preparation of specific operation instructions and safety procedures, pursues continuous improvement in overall performance of drilling operations.
- Plan, direct, and control operational aspects of drilling activities, ensuring operations are properly planned and implemented according to work plan/budget fulfilling the Division objectives.
- Supervise the preparation and execution of specific operation instructions (SOI’s) applied to each area of drilling activities (directional drilling, fluid & cement, rig operations)
- Coordinate and supervise drilling contracts/ orders as well as stock/ material management, ensuring adequacy and availability of required services/ resources for drilling activities
- Coordinate with Civil Works Engineer the planning of resources to deliver well sites on time.
- Coordinate HSE activities at well site in collaboration with HSE Supervisor at Well site and Drilling Supervisor at well site
- Coordinate Security activities at well site in collaboration with OLC at well site and Drilling Supervisor at Well site.
- Participate in the tendering process in the following areas: drilling rigs and snubbing units, wellhead, downhole drilling tools and fishing tools.
- Focal point of contact with the drilling supervisors. Review and discuss the operation issues with the supervisors at well site.
- Auditing the operations at well site through visits to the well site at least once per hitch
- Organizing with Supervisor at well site, the operational training of company trainees.
- Evaluating the operational performance of the trainees at well site.
- Assisting the EP Team in the operational areas common to both drilling & production operations i.e use of pumping units for well intervention.
Work Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in drilling operations with at least 3 years working in Algeria.
- Self-starter with good skills in solving operational problems related to drilling.
- References in Oil Companies (Operators) in Algeria, which can be verified
- Has experience working on drilling rigs and / or working on snubbing units for at least 3 years as drilling or workover supervisor.
- Experience managing and implementing HSE policies at well site
- Prepare and coordinate of well engineering proposals including estimating manpower requirements and working schedules.
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards and the application in the drilling and or workover activities.
- Human management skill is necessary.
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) in engineering in technical or petroleum field.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good command of spoken French is preferred.
- Good knowledge of computer standard applications: word processing & spreadsheets
- Risk management, Valid Well control certificate, Safety supervisory course.