- Employee will be required to communicate with the pusher, Contractor personnel and safety personnel, Tong operator, and Floor hands for the proper placement and operation of conventional casing tools and equipment.
- This employee is expected to maintain equipment and provide field support.
- Should be able to understand information that has been gathered to run a job in the field.
- Employee will actively participate in all Safety requirements, JSA / PHA & safety meeting and not be intimidated to use Stop work Authority if something doesn’t feel right.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum education, experience, technical, and communication skill levels, and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Tubular Running Services (TRS).
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic ability to understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and Defensive Driving Training certificate will be required.
- Knowledge of Torque Turn a plus.
- Past Tong Operator Experience Required (2 Years +)
- Thorough knowledge of casing equipment, able to troubleshoot equipment if needed.
- Typical working conditions and environmental hazards, if any, associated with this type of work that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position.
- Work is normally performed where exposure to atmospheric conditions of extreme heat or cold, fumes, and gases are frequent. Work assignments are generally 12 hours per day for 14 consecutive days.
- The worker is potentially exposed to noise, moving/mechanical parts, vibration, high pressure and chemicals.
- The physical effort generally associated with this position.
- The worker is required to perform most work while standing and walking.
- The work of this position is considered “heavy” physically, which involves the frequent forces of up to 100 lbs. to lift, push, pull, or carry equipment.
- The work of this position requires hand, eye, foot coordination and manual dexterity associated with operating equipment and performing repairs & maintenance procedures.
- Requires physical capability and stamina to climb flights of stairs up to 30 feet high frequently.
- Visions and depth perception skills are required to monitor controls on equipment.
- Hearing skills are required to detect equipment malfunctions.