• Develop I assist with the development of AFE's in respect of Capital Well Costs and link through appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for budgeting and after work allocation processes.
• Review daily drilling reports for jobs performed in conjunction with Operations Engineers. Verify items on day-to-day technical/operations activities vs. budget and contracts for better cost control.
o Report on actual spendby contractorandsupplier.
o Monitorspends by category,contractorandWBSversusbudget.
o Preparesdaily updateon the cost / time forecastto complete.
• Verify invoices associated with the execution of well projects.
• Organize cost review meetings with budget responsible to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Monitor and update the project KPls to evaluate the project performance.
• Make sure all the cost control processes are compliant with supply chain and financial procedures.
• Respond to queries raised by auditors (internal, partners etc.), internal control, vendors etc.
• Execute with Contracts and Operations Engineers all Drilling and Completions Department contracts with special emphasis on contract value, variations and/or any other changes, then reflect them in the AFE's to provide inputs for contract variation requirements, fulfilling contractual obligations and processing Contract close-out documentations including Statement of Final Account (SFA).
• Investigate technical and operational issues related to contractors claims ensuring all billed items are correct and in accordance with project contracts. Provide solution to all problems arising processing the claims.
• Collaborate with Drilling Operations Engineers to provide input for final well reports and other reports, as required.
• Lead and direct Technical/Clerical Staff for issuing accruals and cash calls and liaise with all projects operations engineers to systemize all executed tickets for optimum accuracy of accruals report
• Provides and gives work direction to less experienced colleagues, etc. openly shares knowledge.
• Should be comfortable with meeting short deadlines and have the ability to timely deliver a quality product.
• Continuous interactions Internally with Drilling, Supply Chain, Financial department and externally with Service Companies.
Qualifications & Qualities:
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in Cost controlling with Drilling department
• High professional education degree is required
• Good understanding of drilling & completion operations
• Desirable to have hands-on experience of drilling & completion operations
• Solid understanding of the demand / supply chain process, accounting principles in oil & gas upstream industry
• Ability to work well with others in a culturally diverse, multi-functional team environment
• Able to interact effectively with peers; service and contractor representatives.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good accounting knowledge (Cost Allocations / Accruals etc.)
• Fluent in written and spoken English language.
• Strong analytical and communication skills together with excellent computer literacy
• Flexibility of work pattern, including potential breaks
Responsible to assist the PCC manager in the planning and cost control activities, Cost Estimating, Costs Control and Analysis, Planning/ Scheduling, Contracts Administration, QA/QC, Technical Reporting, Procedures and Document Control.
We are currently looking for an Investment & Cost Control Support for an oil and gas operator based in Spain. The successful candidate will develop robust analytical model and guides and assure a single-source of truth with well-defined metrics to monitor and consolidate investment and costs accros the E&P organization.
In recent years, we have invested in the digitalization of our recruitment process so that our recruiters can dedicate more time to qualitative discussions with the selected candidates. We have also redesigned our job board on the website to make it easier to find jobs and apply. The entire Recruitment team is committed to providing the best possible experience to our candidates.