• Develop I assist with the development of AFE's in respect of Capital Well Costs and link through appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for budgeting and after work allocation processes.
• Review daily drilling reports for jobs performed in conjunction with Operations Engineers. Verify items on day-to-day technical/operations activities vs. budget and contracts for better cost control.
o Report on actual spendby contractorandsupplier.
o Monitorspends by category,contractorandWBSversusbudget.
o Preparesdaily updateon the cost / time forecastto complete.
• Verify invoices associated with the execution of well projects.
• Organize cost review meetings with budget responsible to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Monitor and update the project KPls to evaluate the project performance.
• Make sure all the cost control processes are compliant with supply chain and financial procedures.
• Respond to queries raised by auditors (internal, partners etc.), internal control, vendors etc.
• Execute with Contracts and Operations Engineers all Drilling and Completions Department contracts with special emphasis on contract value, variations and/or any other changes, then reflect them in the AFE's to provide inputs for contract variation requirements, fulfilling contractual obligations and processing Contract close-out documentations including Statement of Final Account (SFA).
• Investigate technical and operational issues related to contractors claims ensuring all billed items are correct and in accordance with project contracts. Provide solution to all problems arising processing the claims.
• Collaborate with Drilling Operations Engineers to provide input for final well reports and other reports, as required.
• Lead and direct Technical/Clerical Staff for issuing accruals and cash calls and liaise with all projects operations engineers to systemize all executed tickets for optimum accuracy of accruals report
• Provides and gives work direction to less experienced colleagues, etc. openly shares knowledge.
• Should be comfortable with meeting short deadlines and have the ability to timely deliver a quality product.
• Continuous interactions Internally with Drilling, Supply Chain, Financial department and externally with Service Companies.
Qualifications & Qualities:
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in Cost controlling with Drilling department
• High professional education degree is required
• Good understanding of drilling & completion operations
• Desirable to have hands-on experience of drilling & completion operations
• Solid understanding of the demand / supply chain process, accounting principles in oil & gas upstream industry
• Ability to work well with others in a culturally diverse, multi-functional team environment
• Able to interact effectively with peers; service and contractor representatives.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good accounting knowledge (Cost Allocations / Accruals etc.)
• Fluent in written and spoken English language.
• Strong analytical and communication skills together with excellent computer literacy
• Flexibility of work pattern, including potential breaks
Responsible to assist the PCC manager in the planning and cost control activities, Cost Estimating, Costs Control and Analysis, Planning/ Scheduling, Contracts Administration, QA/QC, Technical Reporting, Procedures and Document Control.
We are currently looking for an Investment & Cost Control Support for an oil and gas operator based in Spain. The successful candidate will develop robust analytical model and guides and assure a single-source of truth with well-defined metrics to monitor and consolidate investment and costs accros the E&P organization.