Ouargla, March 8th, 2023 – The Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Kamel Baddari and the Minister of Knowledge Economy and Startups and SMEs, Yacine El-Mahdi Oualid, visited this Monday, March 6th the University of Ouargla in Algeria to promote startups and encourage students in entrepreneurship. Invited by Mr. Mohammed Halilat, Rector of the University of Ouargla, the Altea Energy team presented on this occasion the local initiatives carried out in 2022 for the benefit of students, teachers and researchers.
Altea Energy and the University of Ouargla:
a partnership initiated in December 2021
On December 14th, 2021, Mr. Mohammed Halilat, Rector of the University of Ouargla in Algeria and Armand Pasteur, President of Altea Energy, signed a cooperation agreement in order to launch joint local initiatives to intensify efforts for the benefit of students, teachers and researchers and to promote training, youth employability and scientific research.
In line with the CSR policy implemented by Altea Energy in Algeria for many years, this partnership aims to exchange and cooperate on the following subjects:
- the higher education of students and the development of specialized skills (Specialized Master and PGS – Specialized Post-Graduation),
- the scientific research around new technologies in the energy sector, in collaboration with teachers and researchers from the University of Ouargla,
- the professional integration and employability of newly graduates (development of new training courses according to the skills needs of the energy sector, organization of educational open days, recruitment sessions, internships, etc.)
Concrete actions carried out in Algeria
Since the signing of this agreement, a committee, made up of representatives of the UKMO (Kasdi Merbah University of Ouargla) and members of the Altea Energy subsidiary in Algeria, has been created to carry out these discussions and actions on the ground.
El Hachemi Oukil, HR Manager and other members representing Altea Energy in Algeria (Mohammed Amine Chelighem, Global Finance Manager, Adjira Sayad, HSE Manager and Hadj Said Badreddine, External Consultant), were present on Monday March 6th at the University of Ouargla to present the concrete actions carried out within the framework of this cooperation, including:
- the animation of 3 HSE training sessions with students by Adjira SAYAD, HSE Manager of Altea Energy,
- the organization of an HR workshop with students dedicated to the subject of career management,
- the integration of 4 students in an immersion internship in Altea Energy’s office in Hassi Messaoud to discover the business world and support them on their Master 2 dissertation,
- the conduct of a hydrocarbon depollution study project with the university laboratory.
As the only foreign partner invited during this visit, the Altea Energy team then met the students and scientific clubs carrying out start-up projects from the University of Ouargla to discuss with them the future commitments of Altea Energy.
“Altea Energy is honored to see the convention come to fruition on the ground. The actions carried out are the result of a concrete collaboration that will last over time. We are here to strengthen our ties with students and create a bridge between the business world and the university. We want to promote training, science and knowledge and are committed to expanding our training activities to other departments of the university. The energy sector has real opportunities to offer Algerian students thanks to the great diversity of its missions. “, explains El Hachemi Oukil.