Reporting to: Head of Production
Supervisor: Head of Wellsite
Division/ Department: Hassi Bir Rekaiz (HBR) Project / Production Department
Location: 129 kilometers to the east of Hassi Messaoud, Touggourt Region, Sahara Desert, Algeria
- Operate, monitoring, and first line maintenance of all oil and water wells, as well as equipment at wellsite, Gathering Station, Gathering-Hub, Block valve station, and Client Production system at REB.
- Ensure day to day production is in smooth operation
- Optimization of resource and available materials for rectification and trouble shooting
- Opening and closing of wells according to the established schedule
- To utilize oil & gas processing skills and knowledge, for the safe and efficient operations of the platform processing and the surface facilities control systems
- Support multi-discipline for the success of client Project
- Ensure and support planned and scheduling of works are safely executed at site location
- Ensure compliance with hygiene and safety rules
- Adjust and record oil and water wells parameter according to the guidelines in coordination with the control room.
- Inform control room operators and Head of wellsite on all constraints on wells and satellites such as sand, salt, or wax deposition
- Check the chemical levels at well sites, Gathering stations, and Gathering Hub to ensure proper operation of the corrosion protection system and notify control room operators
- Run the daily sampling program at well sites , Gathering stations, and Gathering Hub
- Installation of pressure recorders on wells
- Operate and trouble-shooting Wellhead Control Panel (Electro-Hydraulic type)
- Attend functional testing of valve surface safety systems
- Isolate, depressurize and de-isolate surface installations in case of work such as: Change of isolation valves, choke valves, PSV, corrosion coupons, etc.
- To operate hydrocarbon production systems and associated utilities in a safe and controlled manner with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with legislation and the requirement of the platform management systems.
- Respond to wellsite and gathering system process upsets and emergencies
- Maintain a comprehensive log of all production activities
- Ensure that sufficient shift-changeovers information concerning the general conditions of the process is either received or given.
- Hand over rotation to back to back counterpart including briefing counterpart on main events and required follow-up action.
- Always check inventory stock e.g. lube oil, grease, hydraulic oil, diesel, service water, critical sparse including requisitions for all consumables, materials, tools and equipment necessary for the smooth and safe operations of the client Operating Asset.
- To promote SSHE awareness by ensuring all safety procedures are strictly abided by where he is in charge of.
- Maintain awareness of the visual condition of the facility and report anomalies.
- To promote good relationship between the team among the Production department (EP).
- Propose improvements to the design or operation of equipment to improve the efficiency and SSHE standard on the different parts of the process.
- Deal with any incident that occurs on the facilities and make timely decisions
- Perform lifting and rigging activities with limited supervision.
- Maintain general housekeeping of the facility.
- Safety, timeliness and quality of work under supervision contributing to the daily production target achievement.
- SSHE rules and regulations are adhered to and implemented by contractors and employees under permit to work control and supervision.
- Completion of work and sufficient shift-changeover information to be provided to back to back counterpart.
- Cultivate ownership of equipment and tools to ensure availability and reliability
- Good management and problem solving skills
Continuous Professional Development
- Keep abreast of relevant latest technology development to be considered for possible implementation at work place.
- Considering for Cost optimization VS Best efficiency
- Self-competency improvement and eager to learn
- Authority and work as directed by Head of wellsite (Production Supervisor)
- Ensure production uptime is maintained to achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly targets
- Responsible as SAP or ERP system work requestor
- Identify punch list items during pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities and report to direct supervisor.
- Signatory to certify onshore pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities
- Take in charge of Area Controller (Worksite controller) to ensure all Operation and Maintenance activities are performed safely.
The primary responsibilities for Well measure and Control technician (Production Operator) are:
- Respect and enforce the SSHE instructions / SSHE policies
- Good use of the means available when carrying out the work
- Inform employees or contractors of the specific requirements for the different jobs
- Provide employees with the necessary means to carry out the work safely
- Participate in risk analyzes
- Participated in SSHE trainings.
- Participate in incident accident investigations
- Participate in emergency simulations
- Apply the operating procedures
- Apply the safety instructions
- Work towards Permit to Work System compliance (JSA, JHA & Schedule waste management)
- Contribute in safety meetings, risks assessments, regular musters, drills and exercises
- Report all Safety Observation (BBS), unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, accidents, incidents and near-misses to direct supervisor immediately.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Operation or Maintenance with in either the onshore desert hydrocarbon industry, other Groupement, or refineries or petrochemical plant.
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme and educated to diploma level in hydrocarbon production operations. Additional trade skills would be advantageous.
- Additional hands-on experience associated with well servicing and intervention would be preferable
- Be part of Project, Construction and Commissioning activities, with previous experience in Algeria construction sites or other country (preferably)
- Self-motivated eager to contribute to the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the plant and equipment
- Positive attitude and flexible work ethic
- Thorough and reliable worker operating to a high standard
- Ability to work and remain focused and decisive under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Thorough and reliable worker operating to a high standard
- Sensitive to the needs of a multi-cultural workforce
- Analytical and synthesis skills, communication skills, initiative and team spirit
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Physical and / or intellectual effort
- Ability to work Rotational Basis : 4X4 SR
- Driving license with Defensive driving certificate (preferably)
- Be able to travelling for company’s business
- Eager to learn