SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Identify the key Operations deliverables and establish the platform to support an effective tender submission through development of the schedule, cost comparisons, vessel and personnel operational requirements.
- Collaborate with the Pursuit team, the POM and the Tender Lead to develop the operational strategy for the tender.
- Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Fabrication, Operations, etc…) to support the development of the operational planning.
- Think out of the box to improve the offshore schedule and make the most of the client constraints.
- Define requirements and produce SOW for SCM for 3rd party vessels and assets chartering/hiring.
- Support the estimators in producing costing for the tender and its options.
- Liaise with Engineering and VOMs to define the vessels POBs and provide input to the Estimators.
- Throughout the tender ensure:
- adherence to tendering procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the tender and post tender clarification and negotiation phases;
- adherence to operations department ways of working to organise the activities and store the tender experience for future use/handover to project team.
- Support the Tender Lead with the preparation of presentations for gate reviews with the GPC&AP management team and Executives.
- Support the tender lead and region with the post submission clarifications and negotiations to
secure the win.
- Organise and host meetings with the disciplines to facilitate the offshore schedule review.
- Identify and constantly update the key Operations related risks throughout the tender.
- Prepare, review and comment Technical Documents (procedures, drawings, rigging and
seafastenings design, schedules, etc…) to support operations.
- Participate to the definition of the required offshore spread for the project/tender including construction vessels, support and transportation vessels.
- Liaise with SCM to select 3rd party vessels and operations related services and assets by
preparing SOWs and reviewing technical offers.
- Participate to installation feasibility reviews and HIRAs and provide operational input to the Engineering and Planning functions.
- Support the POM in all the vessels readiness activities:
- drive and monitor the progress of Marine Assurance on assigned vessels including organizing audits as required.
- review vessels POBs (including project personnel and 3rd parties) and organise the manning of chartered vessels with the support of Crewing.
- responsible for ensuring that the installation spread has full support, in terms of
Logistic, Transportation, Safety, & Certification etc.
- Support the POM in developing the baseline Project schedule.
- Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
- Assist Project/Field Engineers on vessel readiness and during mobilization & demobilization
- Plan and coordinate activities in yards and at quaysides to deliver the assigned scope.
- Ensure that project equipment is mobilized/demobilized in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Supervise material tracking activity through the project’s material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking & demobilisation.
- Liaise with the in-country team to ensure operations are planned and run efficiently.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, (Freight forwarding, Shipping,
OPL), through the in-country logistic organisation.
- Support HSE initiatives/activities to ensure that the work will be done safely and efficiently.
- Provide input to the Project Operations Debrief Report and to the lessons learnt.
This role suits a dynamic and motivated individual looking for new and diverse challenges to progress their career within Client. The Operations Engineer role is ideal for those interested in working across functions and supporting projects on the field. It gives exposure to technical and practical aspects of the work during execution and strong involvement to the commercial side by budget definition and management in projects and decision making and strategic thinking during tenders supporting the business development.
The ideal candidate thrives interacting with various disciplines, departments and regions across
the organization and with clients, subcontractors and external organizations (local authorities, certifications bodies, etc…) and is keen to gain broad commercial and contractual experience to be able to transition towards package and project management.
The successful candidates shall have/be:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sub-sea construction recommended.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to HSE and keen to promote safe practices.
- Skilled in the co-ordination of multiple interfaces across functions.
- A strong work ethic, willing to working in highly changeable environments, meeting tight deadlines whilst delivering high quality outcomes.
- Ideally possess experience in offshore operations, having worked on board installation vessels.
- Committed to collaborative working in a multi-location team environment.
- Mobility to travel to all international locations for short business trips or missions.
- Good understanding of company’s products, activities and assets.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French/Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Project recommended but not essential.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Clients during pre-tender, tender engagement sessions and post submission clarification/negotiation phase
- Alliance, Consortium and JV partners, as required
- Vessel owners and certification bodies
- 3rd party subcontractors and local authorities
- GPC&AP P&O and Tendering/Business Acquisition Management
- Project/Tender Managers
- Vessels Operations Managers
- Logistics support
- Offshore Resources
- Supply Chain Management