Contract duration: 1 year
Work type: Resident
Plays a primary role and expertise on Operational and Process Safety to client's Production and Project Development units. Oversees the effective and consistent implementation of Operational and Process Safety policies, objectives, management systems and associated deliverables in all Client Portfolio as well as HSE Management Systems in Exploration and Project Development activities. Develops and recommends, plans, programs and procedures that will ensure control of potential major health and safety hazards associated with Production and Project Development. Collaborates with client, JVs and Corporate in business risk management, asset integrity management, Functional Safety and other specific projects related to his/her discipline. Guides and coaches the HSE&S Development Teams in Algeria and LATAM.
LEADERSHIP and COMMITTMENT
- Is a technical authority in client for the definition development and continuous improvement of the Process Safety [PS] Management Systems and associated documentation and compliance with regulations and industry-related standards.
- Formulates long-term strategies in operational and PS to improve safety in operations and reduce OPEX and CAPEX.
- Participates in technical review committees and groups, technical decision-making processes, and other instances as required.
- Applies expertise and leadership to promote a proactive and positive approach and culture related to Operational and Process Safety. Is an agent of change, a coach and a mentor in HSE&S, Operational and Process Safety aspects.
HAZARD and RISK MANAGEMENT
- Supports client HSE risk management plans and programs and ensures coordination across client divisions and assets.
- Deploys risk analysis and management techniques to understand and manage major and significant process risks. Assesses the impact of Process Safety related events across the client portfolio.
- Participates in or leads various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, QRAs, SIL, Bowtie, compliance reviews, SIMOPS,
- Participates in or leads risk studies or conduct consequence analyses, e.g., toxic gas dispersion modeling, drop object studies, etc.
- Follows up and supports the implementation of the actions related to HSE risk assessments and safety studies.
- Assists business units in developing safety processes related to HSE risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, business continuity, etc.
- Identifies and raises any area of operational and process safety risk and proposes relevant corrective and/or preventive actions.
MANAGEMENT of DEVIATIONS
- Provides expert support to operational business units in reducing process-related incidents. Participates or leads operational and process safety-related incident investigations. Pilots the MOC process in Client E&P.
- MEASURING, BUILDING CAPABILITIES and RENEWAL
- Ensures that lessons from any incidents or near misses are shared and actions taken to prevent re-occurrence, and to ensure and develop adequate competence related to Process Safety among operational business units’ teams
- Conducts field inspections/reviews/audits [including operational readiness] of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities.
- Strong leadership, intercultural approach
- Excellent operational and design knowledge of oil and gas assets
- Well versed in operational and PS regulations, standards. Guidelines, management systems, processes and procedures
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in PS, operations and design
- Multidisciplinary approach –Transversality.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- More than 10 years of experience related to Process Safety, or a related Operations / Engineering role, in the upstream sector particular on onshore sites. Offshore experience.
- Experience in Exploration, Drilling, Field Development and Production.
- Detailed knowledge of the hazards involved in operation and maintenance of process systems in upstream oil and gas assets
- Expert capability to do risk assessments and make risk-based decisions.
- Engineer: Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, Safety, etc. Diploma in Safety Management of Risk Management
- Detailed knowledge of HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, SIL and Process Safety Audit Systems
- Excellent knowledge in OSHA PSM, CCPS, API, NFPA, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, BS, ANSI, and IOGP guidelines.
- Functional Safety certification is highly desirable.
- Project Management formal training and NEBOSH certification would be a plus.
- Proficient in English
- French and Spanish are highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management practices and standards
- Well-versed in MS Office, Sharepoint, SAP and HSE digital platforms and tools.