Location: Houston (TX), USA
Provide effective support to the Client environment, including (but not restricted to) the following tasks:
- Collaborate with Service Desk representative on incident and request tickets which are close to breaching SLA to ensure action is taken, support tickets need to be always recorded using Client’s ticketing system (i.e., Service now).
- Logs all support requests (received by phone, e-mail, etc.) in ServiceNow application.
- Classifies and categorizes incidents; prioritize incidents to ensure timely resolution through the established escalation process; dispatch requests to external service providers as required.
- Collects and/or updates contact information from clients when opening or updating tickets; responding to client requests to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues, diagnosing and identifying issues.
- Aids clients by recommending the most effective utilization of network, telephony, computers and approved software.
- Utilizes remote control tools to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Remedial training for end users.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on workstations, laptops and personal technology devices running Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Responsible to develop local operational standards/procedures.
- Responsible to keep up to date end users inventory list.
- Perform hardware and software installations, move add and changes (IMAC).
- Support for Mobile Devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Support stands alone and network printers, including print queues, if required.
- Support IP Telephony IMAC.
- Support building security systems technology.
- Support meeting room audio and video equipment including general maintenance activities; Pre-meeting and in-room conference room troubleshooting, and testing of audio / visual equipment as needed.
- Hands and eyes support for on-site server, storage, backup/recovery, network and other data center equipment if necessary.
- Key person to support end user hardware and software for business-critical personnel defined in the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and IT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
- Partake in small projects and tasks, if required.
- On-call availability if required.
- 2-year IT degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry certification is a plus (A+, Network +, MCP).
- Good communications and organizational skills.
- Professional, strong work ethic.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of computers or other IT equipment.