Key Interlocutors (Purpose and Frequency)
Daily basis with ALL Departments of the Local Organization.
Regular basis with Subcontractors, Service Providers, such as, Certifiers, Consultants, Health and Safety at Work Suppliers, Environment Suppliers, other suppliers.
Sporadic basis with Official Agencies, such as, Government and Regulators. Sporadic basis with Customers.
Tasks Description (not limited)
The Health & Safety and Environment coordinator is responsible for promoting and ensuring the health and safety of co-workers and subcontractors, the compliance with the environmental requirements and the continuous improvement processes to satisfy stakeholders and ensuring legal compliance.
- Ensure the implementation in the local organization of the HSE Policies, Procedures and HSE documentary organization defined by the company;
- Ensure the local Health & Safety and Environment legal compliance;
- Monitoring of rules and other national and international applicable normative documents;
- Participation on the Risk Assessment analysis for all the activities, development of HSE Plans, Preventive Instructions, Method Statements, Checklists and other specific local HSE documentation;
- Development and implementation of the Emergency Plans;
- Training of workers and subcontractors of the company in the HSE Plans, Emergency Plans, Procedures, Inductions, Toolbox Tools, Emergency Drills and Awareness actions;
- Conducting HSE monitoring of the site, with periodic visits to the workplaces; safety inspections and audits for Health, Safety & Environment matters;
- Reporting Health, Safety & Environment KPI´s in a monthly basis.
- Reporting immediately any incident, developing further required investigations (if needed);
- Company representation towards official agencies in case of accident (environmental or safety);
- Participation in HSE meetings, internal and external with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Clients (if needed).
- Leading the operational HSE local Technicians, whether they are from Company or Subcontracted to external entities;
- Search for continuous improvement through audits and monitoring of internal processes, ensuring the implementation and effectiveness of the action plans (corrective and preventive actions);
Training and Technical Skills Level (training type, experience, habilitations, language)
Qualifications & Experience:
Education: Technical level Graduation (Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environment or Quality or related areas studies is a plus).
Professional Experience: Experience equal or greater than 5 years in similar positions.
- Training in Health and Safety at Work and/or Environment;
- Training in Audits;
- First Aid training;
- Pedagogical competence training;
- Excellent knowledge of the law, regulations and norms of Health and Safety Work;
- Native: Official language of the country of the Local Organization
- Fluent: English
- Advanced: French or Portuguese or Spanish (preferential).
Required Qualities (autonomy level, responsibility level, accuracy, interpersonal skills)
- Results and Customer Orientation;
- Resource management (human and material);
- High level of initiative and autonomy;
- Ability to planning and organizing teams and activities;
- Coordination and motivation abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship;
- Excellent domain of verbal and written expression;
- Facility in decision making;
- Adaptability, including cases of highly complexity;
- Innovation ability (disruptive and incremental).