Contract Duration: 12 Months
Reports to: Drilling Team Leader
Responsible to give specialized support to the engineers in Drilling and Completion fluids, being responsible for those three services (Drilling Fluids, Solids Control and Cementing services) ensuring well integrity is maintained in entire well cycle and the environment is protected as per the client's standards.
· Responsible for drilling and completion fluids planning and performance during the execution.
· Provide technical support to the engineers in the area of drilling and completion fluids design.
· Design cost effective drilling and completion fluid programs for the wells through laboratory testing, monitor the field applications and provide troubleshooting to field problems.
· Introduce new technologies in drilling and completion fluid designs, using new chemicals and additives, through applied research utilizing laboratory testing and evaluation; develop product specifications and laboratory test procedures for drilling fluid chemicals and additives.
· Ensure quality assurance program for mud additives.
· Ensure proper and effective pit management plan is implemented and ensure effective logistic plan is executed during operations.
· Design cost effective cementing programs to ensure the well integrity during the entire well life cycle.
· Excellent knowledge on Landmark engineering software (or other available software) to ensure hydraulics for drilling and cementing are supported by proper engineering simulations.
· Introduce new technologies in cements jobs, using new chemicals and additives, through applied research utilizing laboratory testing and evaluation; develop product specifications and laboratory test procedures for slurry chemicals and additives.
· Technical support and assistance on site to improve mud treatment and to solve specific problems; related to mud or cementing design
· Design of waste management for drilling and completion wells.
· Support tendering activities for drilling and completion fluids services, solids control and cementing services.
· Ensure drilling and completion fluids programs comply with relevant industry standards, Algerian regulations, and the client's minimum requirements, including environmental requirements.
· Work along side the Drilling Team Lead to support cost control related to drilling and completion fluids and solids control activities from generation of budgetary with quality cost estimates through assurance of cost tracking to final cost reconciliation. To include identification of potential overspends and generation of supplemental costs for Budget purposes.
· Responsible for all aspects of performance management and reporting of Drilling and Completion fluids including ensuring that NPT analysis, Lessons Learned and Unwanted Event reporting formats are kept up to date and disseminated.
· Responsible for setting up and maintaining the Well Risk Register within their field of action.
· Support incident investigations within the Drilling Department
· Promote information sharing, especially lessons learnt and best practices, with the Drilling Dept.
· Contract holder of any contracted Drilling Fluids services contracts (Drilling Fluids, Solids Control and Cementing services). Ensure services are always available to execute the approved drilling schedule. Issue purchase and service orders in SAP for those services is contract holder. Technically approve the Services performed, before the SES is approved by Drilling and completion Manager.
· Onsite support to rig personnel during critical operations (including all cement jobs)
The position will require periodic visits to the rig sites to encourage the client's HSE culture on rig and service providers personnel, and perform relevant HSE inspections in close cooperation with the rig management during the visit
· Highly committed to HSE in Drilling and Completion operations
· Minimum of 20 years of experience in positions related with Drilling Fluids operations and at least 10 years of experience as Fluids Superintendent.
· Broad knowledge of drilling fluids, completion fluids, and cement slurry design and testing. Areas of knowledge should include fluid selection and application, hydraulics modelling, fluid chemistry, clay chemistry, lab testing, and environmental regulations as they apply to fluids and waste management.
· Proper specialized training in the required services; Drilling and Completion fluids, solids control and cementing services
· Fluent in English (spoken and written).
· Good technical and operational understanding of drilling and completion.
· Competency to plan, problem solve, organize, direct, and control
· Knowledge of international industry standards ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
· Proven understanding and application of continuous improvement processes
· Leadership skills in a diverse geographic and cultural environment
· Rig-site and supervisory skills
· Good communication skills and a team work player
· Ability to write and implement procedures and risk analysis.
· Good data management and computer literacy. Knowledge of any data base drilling software (Openwells)
· Effective time management and strong organizational skills – must be able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
· Well control certificate is considered a plus.
· French is considered a plus.
· Demonstrable safety leadership skills
· Effective team-player, able to work unsupervised
· Focused on delivering results to a consistently high standard, fully complying with company processes and standards
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively work within a skilled, multi-cultural team
· Able to work effectively with 3rd party suppliers and contractors and build constructive working relationships with business partners
· Able to work effectively within a multi-discipline project environment particularly with facilities, HSE, production operations, and supply chain disciplines
· Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
· Clear and concise report writing skills
Sorry, this position is no longer open for applications.
In recent years, we have invested in the digitalization of our recruitment process so that our recruiters can dedicate more time to qualitative discussions with the selected candidates. We have also redesigned our job board on the website to make it easier to find jobs and apply. The entire Recruitment team is committed to providing the best possible experience to our candidates.