Financial, budgetary and accounting management
• Train and supervise the school’s financial team
• Develop and execute the budget according to the delegations granted to it
• Implement procedures related to revenue and expenditure and ensure the integrity of the accounts
• Monitors the school’s cash flow and manages the cash flow of funds (investment of securities)
• Collect revenue, track grants, and control school commitments and payments
• Maintain administrative, material and general accounts and introduce elements of cost accounting
• Produce budget reports, the financial account and financial and asset statements / balance sheets
• Organize the audit report and the certification of accounts
• Develop and assist in the implementation of agreements relating to the establishment’s partnerships
• Organize the control of accounting and financial risks
• Develop elements of financial analysis and decision support tools; Advise and alert his hierarchy on financial leeway
• Monitor financial assets and liabilities
Management and organization of the school
• Participate in the definition of the human resources management policy and ensure its implementation
• Organize the work of administrative, logistical and technical agents and do their annual assessment
• Guarantee good management of the equipment and buildings of the School, well maintained (maintenance contracts), with health and safety conditions, updated inventories, stock cards …
• Ensure a legal and administrative watch respectful of local law
• Guarantee good management of purchases and contracts (suppliers and service provision)
• Organize and monitor various work
• Formatting of projects submitted for deliberation by the Governing Board and the Board of Directors and support for the preparation of acts and reports
• Ensures the application of Mozambican laws
• Point of contact with legal counsel
• Establishment of an adequate archives system
• Coordination with the secretariat and communication
Skills and knowledge required
• Knoweldge of the financial and accounting regulations of Mozambique, the functioning of an establishment and the organization of the education system.
• Knowledge of the safety regulations
• Knowledge of how to organize and manage teams
• Knowledge of how to plan and program
• Lead projects and meetings
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Diplomatic and interpersonal skills
• Mastering IT tools and new technologies (knowledge of Eduka and Primavera computer programs will be an advantage)
• Organizational capacity
• Ability to work
• Fluency in Portuguese and French: oral level B2
• Fluency in English would be an important asset.
Required diploma & experience
• Master of administration management.
• Diploma in accounting and financial management.
• Experience as an administrative and financial director in a similar structure.
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position.
The Head of Treasury is responsible for managing treasury tasks, preparing periodical financial reports, financial comparative and analysis of the areas under responsibility for effective operation cost and recoverable cost balance. The job holder needs to support in preparing work plan & budget for government, partner & community relations activities in line with company’s objectives.