The Drilling expert / superintendent reports directly to Project Manager, also he represents the Company in all drilling related activities required to drill, evaluate and complete a well. And he/she is accountable, without being limited to the following:
- Planning and executing all aspects of the drilling and workover programs, the health and the safety of all operational PERSONNEL, and protection of the environment.
- He/she will assume responsibility for drilling / workover operations and ensure that these operations are delivered safely, in a timely manner and on budget.
- In addition, the Drilling Manager / Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that any such operations are delivered in compliance with local legislation and industry best practices.
- He/she receives technical advice from and cooperates and coordinates with all departments involved in operations.
- Manage relationship with Senior Management and Department Managers to insure that drilling issues are addressed and communicated effectively.
- Ensure that wells are drilled and completed in a manner that meets the objectives of the Reservoir, Production, and Geological departments.
- Assists Contracts Department with preparing the tender documents and strategy documents for drilling and completion services. Evaluates bids and prepares recommendations for contract awards.
- Audit Drilling services contractors during invitation to tender evaluation process.
- Prepare notices and responses required by any oil and gas related regulatory agency or Ministry.
- Encourage an atmosphere of teamwork among the drilling staff, rig site Personnel , service providers and other disciplines.
- Ensure the safety and operational procedures are in place. Develop and support HSE training and implementation of new procedures and guidelines.
- Perform wellsite inspections to ensure that safety programs are conducted and monitored by the drilling contractors in a manner consistent with HSE policies in conjunction with the Senior Dilling Supervisors’ site specific HSE plan.
- Conduct morning calls and review daily reports with the Drilling Supervisor at the rig site and the Drilling Engineer.
- Ensure the operations are conducted in the best interest of the Company.
- Discusses future operations plans with the Drilling Supervisor and the Drilling Engineer in an effort to optimize and eliminate problems.
- Communicate effectively with the Drilling Supervisor and Drilling Engineer to ensure that all technical specifications of the Drilling Program and Drilling Manual are met.
- Conduct meetings through the term of the contracts, with service providers, to increase the efficiency of the service and help reduce or eliminate any potential problems.
- Provide technical trouble shooting when problems occur on the drilling rig.
- Monitor drilling expenditures on a daily basis with the goal of drilling the most cost effective well possible.
- Review equipment planning with Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisors and the Material & Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely equipment arrivals and to eliminate equipment overstocking.
- Coordinate with the Drilling Engineer, Material & Logistics Coordinator & Drilling supervisors the timely arrival of drilling equipment and services on wellsite.
- Encourage and support HSE training and implementation of new procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with Construction PERSONNEL to ensure that well platforms are constructed to specifications, in a time and cost-effective manner.
- Engineering diploma from a recognized school or equivalent degree (Master of science, Master of engineering, PhD…) preferably in Petroleum engineering.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the Oil and gas drilling industry, and at least 10 years dealing with HPHT wells. Among them 5 years as drilling manager/superintendent
- English fluency: spoken, read, and written.
- Must be proficient drilling and completion software
- Must be computer proficient in the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Current certification of IWCF supervisor level
- Strong background of HPHT drilling & well completion
- Industry training in area of drilling technology, onshore / offshore operations, HSE.
- Strong background in logistics management.
- Well versed in well control, strong and sound drilling & workover operational decision maker and is responsible for any drilling problems on the rigs. Superintendent performs the managerial duties, resolving difficult and unusual problems which could otherwise delay operations progress.
- Recent exposure to onshore / offshore TUNISIAN oil and gas operations.
- French spoken and written is beneficial.
- International experience in a multi-cultural environment would prove beneficial