Location: Houston (TX), USA
- Overseeing incoming files, providing system reports, maintaining and organizing document repositories for the E&P or Corporate domains and functions.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of the project document control procedures and plans; acting as a focal point for document control activities; training other employees and subcontractors to understand how documents are stored and sorted, allowing them to more easily access information.
- Analytical skills and skills with analytical tools, i.e. Tree Size.
- Knowledge and working experience in SharePoint and Documentum or other electronic content management system.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in creating, editing, maintaining, troubleshooting) managing Adobe Acrobat Pro E-Book digital publications ensuring documents are seamlessly integrated into the existing records, or updating older records with new information and documents.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts from various disciplines collecting and interpreting technical content to create document repositories and organized into the proper sequential order to accurately depict the subject matter. Ensuring that the latest approved drawings and documents are provided to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Collecting, archiving, and disseminating lessons learned within a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of retention policies and the data management lifecycle. The document controller will assist in managing the retention policy and the proper destruction documents and process.
- Must possess a strong understanding of oil and gas industry data, including but not limited to Exploration, Drilling, Land, Health, Safety and Environmental documents.
- Project Management skills to manage and coordinate large document management projects, create presentations and track KPIs of progress.
In order to perform the responsibilities of this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
- Minimum of 5 years document control experience in data or document management.
- Experience and skills in using a document management application, such as Documentum.
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Proficiency in communication and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication, organization and analytical skills.
- Experience in Oil & Gas upstream exploration projects.
- Project Management certification or 5 years of experience managing projects.
In addition to the above requirements candidates with the following demonstrated skills and experience are preferred:
- Experience working in Oil and Gas documents.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven project environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and properly link and cross reference documents.