Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create contract strategies and call for bid packages.
- Evaluate bids and issue the bid award recommendation for Client, partners and Local Authorities.
- Issue and follow up the status of the documents submitted to partners and to the Local Authorities: bid list, bid opening request, bid evaluation review, bid award, etc.
- Negotiate the contracts terms and conditions (balancing technical, commercial and risk considerations)
- Apply the Supply Chain, Contract Holder, HSE Management fundamentals within the Project Contracts Strategy.
- Involve improving contracts business process from the scope of work-schedule of rates, bid evaluation matrix, bid award, change orders, claims, etc.
- Effective follow up claims, contract management and change orders
- Focal point for contractual finance, legal, HSE and insurance considerations.
- Effective documentation/filing system, including close-out reports and supplier evaluation.
- Analyse and check the cost effectiveness of the contracts and develop saving procedures.
- Manage Reporting Data Information System.
- Manage SAP contracts.
- Manage and executing the developed procedures in an effective and efficient way, giving due consideration to the continuous changing requirements and time-planning from the customers.
- Compliance with Client (Corporate) procedures, Joint Venture and Local procedures.
- Establish an effective relationship within Project P&C Team and Technical Departments, Legal, Tax, HSE, Supply Chain and Insurance Department.
Education and Qualification:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSC – Engineering, Business Management, others).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SAP.
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language.
- Deep understanding of offshore operations.
Experience and Knowledge:
- An average of 10 years of recent experience in Contract Management in a leading (best practice performer) Oil Company on logistics contracts management.
- Norwegian market deep knowledge.
- Proven track record of dealing with complex contracts, demonstrating knowledge of contractual, financial, commercial and technical matters.
- Ability and willingness to plan and lead difficult and complex negotiations.
Required Behaviour and Skillset:
- Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times.
- Highly focussed on negotiations.
- Makes informed decisions based on thorough analysis and risk assessment.
- Highly organised with good data management skills is a must.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Team player who is approachable and actively promotes a high level of interaction across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to work in a stressful and difficult environment.
- Good communicator who can communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Willingness to assist and mentor / coach others to ensure knowledge growth and professional development.
- Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must lead by example in terms of behaviours.
- Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.