DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS
- Lead SCM Engineer for Floating winds project or alternatively Oil & Gas project
- In a project
- He manages the procurement of high value and very complex “engineered” materials and/or services as allocated by the Project SCM Manager and/or
- He takes the responsibility of the procurement of a wider package (made of several materials and/or services, some being complex, others being more standard) with the support of more junior SCM resources he will have to lead to ensure the global delivery of the procurement package
- he is globally responsible and accountable for the final delivery of all the materials/services under his responsibility as per the requirements of the Project: technical specification, safety performance, budget, schedule, quality, contractual risks, etc.
- The Lead SCM Engineer can also be mobilized on a tender to coordinate all SCM activities and provide the SCM cost base with the support of the category leads and other SCM personnels in line with the SCM road map for tenders. With the support of the tender SCM team :
- He is responsible to define the procurement strategy for all materials/services to be procured
- He is responsible to perform benchmarks or launch Request for Quotation (RFQ) and get suppliers proposals in the timeframe of the tender
- He is globally responsible for the SCM budget recommendation (including identification of procurement risks and definition of associated allowances) issued to the tender team
- On a Project, the Lead SCM Engineer is responsible to develop and implement the procurement strategy on his procurement package at the start of the Project collating the input from tendering work and from key Project team members and in accordance with GPC & AP and Corporate general procurement strategy.
- He is responsible to the Project SCM Manager for the success of the SCM activities and deliverables for his procurement package in accordance with agreed schedules, milestones and cost, with focus on meeting the Project’s overall schedule and profitability.
- He is responsible for all materials/services to be procured in his procurement package (directly managed by himself or managed by more junior SCM resources he is leading), that the below actions/responsibilities are achieved by the PO SCM owner.
- He coordinates with other disciplines (Engineering, QA, QC & HSE) to ensure all requirements are included in pre-qualification and tender documents – including contractual flow downs – and prepare/issue the Request for Quotation to the suppliers of the Bidders list using SAP Ariba tool.
- He coordinates with other disciplines to ensure the review and the clarification of all bids (he runs contractual, commercial and schedule analysis and he liaises and coordinates with other disciplines for on-time review and clarification of technical, quality and HSE sections).
- He is responsible and accountable to finalize the bid summary and make the recommendation to the Project SCM Manager and to the Project Manager.
- He performs commercial negotiation and ensure the best deals
- He prepares the Subcontract document
- He prepares the Supplier Commitment Approval (SCA) and the contractual deviation matrix for Management approval
- He creates PR & PO in SAP and expedites their approval.
- He ensures Subcontract signature in Docusign
Post Award Management
- He understands the requirements of the Project (scope of work, delivery schedule, budget, flow-down conditions) and how the PO integrates in the Project execution plan and interfaces with other Project activities.
- He understands the product and the execution strategy of the Supplier, its procurement and subcontracting strategy, the key engineering and manufacturing steps and the associated risks.
- He understands the risks of the PO and proactively develop mitigation measures with the relevant project stakeholders.
- He defines the convergence plan of the PO and identify the key gates, associated dates and readiness conditions. He uses the convergence plan to monitor the progress of the PO and to communicate priorities to Project stakeholders and expedite their actions. He promptly reacts on delays.
- He organizes necessary audits, KOM and PPMs. He monitors and expedites the progress of the supplier documentation and the timely treatment of Technical Queries, Deviation Requests and Non-Compliance Reports.
- He raises the awareness of the Project Team on PO issues that could affect the performance of the Project and lead their resolution with the support of the relevant project stakeholders.
- He reports to the Project SCM Manager and is the focal point of contact with the Supplier for all commercial, contractual, progress and coordination matters.
- He liaises with the Package Manager to understand the interfaces of the PO with other project activities and to include the associated constraints in the contract.
- He coordinates and liaises with other functions that have a contributing role to the final delivery of PO.
- He works in straight collaboration and team spirit with the Technical Owner and the Quality Owner and develop with them a sense of co-ownership for the delivery of the PO.
- He is the PO Owner. He doesn’t have full knowledge and expertise of all aspects of the PO but he shall mobilize and coordinate all necessary resources inside and outside the Project to ensure the safe, timely, on budget and compliant delivery of the PO.
- Prepare and issue the shipment documentation to the transit agent. Ensure a close relation with the transit agent to allow the anticipation of the release of the goods.
- Check Suppliers invoices and the final account, obtain the corresponding close out certificate from Suppliers.
- He is responsible to organize the Lessons Learnt sessions and reports during the execution of the PO and/or at the end of the PO.
- For all the above, he shall follow SCM processes and implement and use SCM department tools.
- Operate within the Buisness Code of Conduct
- Is not authorised to commit the Company on his own. Any commitment with third parties must be authorised by budget holders.
- Negotiations with all Subcontractors/Suppliers.
- Professional Bodies : All Subcontractors/Suppliers
- Customers: through PMT
- GPC & AP SCM Functional Team
- Project Directors / Manager
- Package Managers
- Technical Owners
- QA/QC Owners
- Project HSEQ Manager
- SCM Category Managers / Leads
- Project Contract Manager
PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by Experience
- Is no required to solve technical issues (role of the Technical Owner) but shall be able to understand technical discussions and to measure potential associated commercial or schedule impacts.
- Is “cost saving” oriented, and capable of challenging requests.
- Have a good knowledge of the offshore industry and its specificities and of complex items.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and is a team player
- Strong leadership and ability to coach and guide more junior colleagues
- Have Capabilities in line with the below matrix:
- Contractual principles
- Commercial principles
- SCM Processes
- Negotiation Processes and Strategies
- Expediting process
- Logistics process
- Systems and Tools
- Plans, schedules, budgets & forecasting
- Risk Management
- Technical Awareness