Désolé, ce poste n'est plus ouvert aux candidatures.
Reports To: Construction Manager
PROJECT & POSITION SUMMARY
This position is a key part of the project delivery organization in CLIENT. The individual will ensure that the CLIENT ethos of safer faster better is maintained throughout the project cycle, and that HSE excellence id maintained in any activities undertaken.
This includes overall responsibility for delivering the construction phase of the CLIENT Slug Catcher and Phase 2 Projects.
The individual will be based at the CLIENT site, with a need for travel to FEED & EPC offices for various meetings and reviews.
The projects are currently in FEED/Engineering stage, two of the three main projects that this role will be engaged in are to go into EPC in 2023. The third project has been designated as a business-critical fast track project and will enter construction in Q2 2023. The position will support the resourcing process of the construction team who will supervise and coordinate with successful EPC contractors.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaise with the Construction Contractors Management to ensure the project stays on schedule and all the CLIENT GAS requirements are met.
• Evaluate, organize, and prioritize all work-related activity in accordance with the project schedule.
• Ensure that HSE (including Security and Social issues) considerations and Quality Controls are applied, the HSE and Quality aspects of the construction activities are in accordance with the defined HSE and Quality Plans, this includes audits, inspections and any other controls considered necessary.
• Ensure MC-1 handover IS fully compliant.
• Responsible for implementing (with the support of the Support Services) of a suitable set of Project Controls that cover cost follow up, budgeting, schedule, performance, and risk/issue management
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting against controls and key performance indicators in accordance with CLIENTGAZ Project requirements
• Escalating risks and issues in accordance with CLIENTGAZ Project procedures
• Negotiating change orders
• Responsible for Managing the CLIENT Phase 2 Construction team by setting objectives and rules, assessing workloads, giving feedback, motivating, advising, and recommending, including proper induction of new employees
• Responsible for the performance management of all sub-contractors assigned to the project.
• Ensuring adequate working conditions for their team
• Performing regular checks and audits to ensure that their team is performing as planned
• Implement a program (with the support of the HSE group) to ensure that the correct HSE culture is followed by their team including all contractors, in particular ensuing that team members have required HSE competencies.
• Ensure that contractor and sub-contractors implement similar HSE programs and standards
• Acting as the main point of contact for the CLIENT Phase 2 Project Construction Contractor.
• Ensure daily administration of CLIENT Phase 2 Project Construction Contract to guarantee that contractual conditions are respected.
• Managing disputes (supported by hierarchy) as per the Delegation of Authority.
• Reporting on status of CLIENT Phase 2 Project Construction Contract, and escalating issues when appropriate and/or necessary.
• Always maintain dialogue with other CLIENTGAZ Project Managers to ensure consistency in procedures and working practices across the whole CLIENTGAZ project
• Coordinate technical interfaces with Construction Contractor and other 3rd Parties and ensure that interfaces are fully defined, and responsibilities agreed
• Preparation and timely submission of all reporting requirements to include project status reports, manpower reports, HSE inspection reports, and accident/incident analysis reports.
• Liaise with Support Functions (HSE, Quality, Project Controls, Purchasing, Logistics) to optimise the use of existing resources
• Ensure Mechanical Completion and Systems Completion activities are planned and safely executed to facilitate schedule.
• Always act in a professional and ethical manner when interacting with external organisations and individuals
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
Requirement to maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and cooperation towards promoting CLIENT interests and achieving results. Stakeholders include CLIENT DG/DGA, CLIENT head of operations, phase 2 project management team, and external CLIENT managers as relevant.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Monthly rotational assignment 28/28. Will be based on site at Oued Zine (Algeria). Missions and meetings in Algiers/London/elsewhere may also be required.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
Education: Diploma or professional qualifications to support the position
Experience: 20+ years’ experience in Construction/Project Management within the Oil and Gas industry.
In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
Communication Skills - Must have very good written and oral communications.
Good interpersonal and analytical skills, strong initiative, and drive.
Committed and flexible on work location in support of overall project goals.
Strong leadership and team building capabilities
Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial and continuously changing corporate culture
Professional proficiency in written French and verbal communication.
Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision.
Fluency in English and French is required, and Arabic is preferred
• Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate
• Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
• Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
• Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
• Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
• Creativity and sense of initiative
• Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
• Strong problem solving capability
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
• Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
• Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to CLIENT Safety performance and Culture
• Takes responsibility for health and safety within the organisation, for themselves and for others.
• Complies with health and safety regulations, instructions and rules.
• Be a role model and support compliance with the CLIENT Life Saving Rules. Knows, understands and implements the Life Saving Rules that are in place at CLIENT.
• Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
• Is able to identify hazards and stop work if required.
• Support that all accidents, incidents, near misses and safety observations are correctly reported, investigated and corrective actions identified, participating in investigations as required.
• Implements the consequence management procedure for direct reports if appropriate.
Acting in compliance with Company values:
Health, Safety & Environment: Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do.
Integrity: Commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations.
Accountability: Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of CLIENT Energy.
Teamwork: Only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed.
Ces dernières années, nous avons investi dans la digitalisation de notre processus de recrutement afin que nos recruteurs puissent dédier plus de temps aux échanges qualitatifs avec les candidats sélectionnés. Nous avons également repensé notre page Offres de mission sur le site web pour faciliter la recherche de missions et les candidatures. Toute l'équipe Recrutement a à cœur d’offrir la meilleure expérience possible à nos candidats.