• Deliver as a key player in multi-disciplinary well planning and teams: pore pressure/fracture gradient analysis, temperature profile, review of offset wells highlighting key challenges (and mitigations), provide input to wellpath planning and well construction process.
• Familiarity with technologies required and optimum method of data acquisition in order to achieve well objectives. Compile key well planning information into geological prognoses and programs. Liaise with vendors to ensure high quality and timely service.
• Agree the critical decisions I contingencies of the execution phase to ensure that casinq points, section TDs and all data acquisition operations remain consistent with objectives. Work closely with drilling team to represent the views of the subsurface team.
• Act as the single point in communications between office staff and the geological service providers on the rig (wellsite geologists, mudloggers, LWD and others).
• Ensure that daily reports and data (real time and static) are quality controlled and available to all stakeholders.
• Compile all well results (notably End of Well Report and final complog).
• Promote HSSE values both onshore and in the offshore environment for Wellsite Geologists and relevant Contractors.
Qualifications & Qualities:
• Minimum 10 year experience
• Understanding of onshore operations gained by rig-site experience would be an advantage. (Wellsite Geologist mud logger, LWD engineer/another similar role)
• Able to manage reports (e.g. Wellsite Geologist) and 3rd party vendors
• Able to produce accurate logs and geological summaries
• Self-sufficient pore pressure analysis a great advantage.
• Good basic log interpretation skills/basic petrophysics
• Good knowledge of Well Operations
• Geomechanics knowledge or skills (advantageous)
• Flexibility of work pattern, including potential breaks
• Fluent in written and spoken English language.
• Strong analytical and communication skills together with excellent computer literacy.