This position will provide drilling and well engineering functions to support drilling, work-over and completion onshore project in Southern Tunisia.
Reports directly to the Senior Drilling Supervisor (SDSV)
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist Drilling Supervisor in implementation of drilling, workover, completion and testing programs.
- Maintain operational optimization and offline concurrent operations
- Provide supports on the drilling units to the Senior Drilling Supervisor to fully meet well and HSE standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations pertaining to the work and report any deviation
- Ensure an adequate inventory of materials and equipment on the drilling unit to carry out the work
- Ensure a proper look-ahead planning to avoid delays
- Prepare well-site plans such as casing running and cement calculation
- Supervise operations during the night.
- Manage, time, crews and other resources to optimize performance and efficiency
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered to and followed.
- Extend training and technical support to direct reports
- Actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
- Use good judgement in deciding when to escalate issues to your Superior.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
- Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
- Drilling engineering skills to allow for effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
- Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
- Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiarity with relevant industry software.
- Minimum of 10 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Night Drilling Supervisor with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Must have worked in an Operator’s (oil company’s) environment. Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience with leading well engineering software is important
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering or any other engineering or Science discipline
- Well control certification – IWCF Level 4 is mandatory