MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Respects and enforces plant HSE rules. Intervenes to correct any HSE anomaly and to enforce the rules.. Ensures appropriate methodologies and procedures are in place to ensure the safety of workers and facilities
• Selects and prioritises key risks for assets with highest integrity risk.
• Proposes the most adequate inspection and prevention techniques.
• Assesses and monitors the effectiveness of current integrity preventive measures.
• Defines the equipment integrity strategy, proposes actions and ensures monitoring and execution of actions.
• Identifies and assesses deterioration due to corrosion and proposes repair solutions while minimizing the impact of the work on the unavailability of equipment
• Implements campaigns to measure the thicknesses of pipes and ESP – Analyze detected defects. Issues reports with recommendations and ensures appropriate follow up.
• Participates in the development of operating procedures
• Monitors, controls and validates inspection engineering activities.
• Ensures data integrity within computerized inspection management system
• Oversees the preparation, review and validation of inspection cases
• Participates in the preparation of the various inspection contracts required for the production phase.
• Prepares for and conducts inspections related to shutdown activities.
• Ensures execution of inspection activities in line with requests and makes appropriate recommendations for improvements in methodology, organization and security.
• Ensures that equipment integrity regulations are correctly applied to regulated equipment.
• Is responsible for ensuring appropriate follow up of actions identified during inspections.
• Is responsible for monitoring and ensuring appropriate execution of the site inspection plan, and applying the regulations in the field.
• Is particularly responsible for quality hold points in charge of inspection. (Welding Quality Control), and for establishing the load plan for the radio checks to be carried out during the march or during a planned stop.
• Is responsible for the inspection maintenance objectives corresponding to his field of activity, the management and supervision of the inspection team associated with him.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
• University Degree (Bac+5) – Relevant technical domain : mechanical, electrical, electrotechnical, hydrocarbons economics.
• at least 10 years in inspection, Non Destructive Testing techniques (Ultrasound, penetrant testing, magnetic particle inspection), and corrosion analysis – Ability to use P&ID, plans isometrics, profiles, etc.
• Knowledge and practice of standard office automation software (Office suite)
• Experience in inspection engineering within a project team and/or good knowledge of the means and resources necessary for onshore installation inspection in the Oil and Gas field.
• Previous experience using Business Risk Based Inspection (RBI) and associated software is an advantage.
• Specific experience on corrosion types, corrosion chemistry and corrosion inhibitor selection or in-line inspection would be a plus
Fluency in English and French is required, and Arabic is preferred
• Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate
• Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
• Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
• Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
• Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
• Creativity and sense of initiative
• Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
• Strong problem solving capability
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
• Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
• Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to Client Safety performance and Culture
• Takes responsibility for health and safety within the organisation, for themselves and for others.
• Complies with health and safety regulations, instructions and rules.
• Be a role model and support compliance with the client Life Saving Rules. Knows, understands and implements the Life Saving Rules that are in place at Client place.
• Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
• Is able to identify hazards and stop work if required.
• Support that all accidents, incidents, near misses and safety observations are correctly reported, investigated and corrective actions identified, participating in investigations as required.
• Implements the consequence management procedure for direct reports if appropriate.
Acting in compliance with Company values:
• Health, Safety & Environment: Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do.
• Integrity: Commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations.
• Accountability: Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of Client .
• Teamwork: Only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed.