MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure contract is placed earliest with a competent, efficient and responsible local contractor at a competitive price to resume the works.
• Ensure that adequate control systems are implemented in contract during the facilities construction; define jointly with CLIENT back to back the adequate and lead indicators, controls and follow-up systems are put in place/
• Liaise with contractors Management to ensure the project is delivered earliest safely and all CLIENT GAZ requirements are met;
• Evaluate, organize, and prioritize all work related activity in accordance to the project schedule;
• Ensure that HSE (including Security and Social issues) and quality considerations and Quality Controls are applied,
• Ensure facilities handover (full acceptance by Exploitation team), and close out of the project;
• Responsible for implementing (with the support of the Support Services) a suitable set of Project Controls that cover cost follow up, budgeting, schedule, performance and risk/issue management and preventively flags potential variation orders, cost escalations and delays/resources issues;
This in detail implies:
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting against controls and key indicators as required by CLIENT project;
• Escalate risks and issues in accordance with CLIENT Project procedures;
• Negotiate change orders;
• Managing the project team by setting objectives and rules, assessing workloads, performing work audits, giving feedback, motivating, advising and recommending, including proper induction of new team members.
• Responsible for the performance management of all sub-contractors assigned to the project;
• Keep team members informed on sub-project progress, including other Packages;
• Administration of the sub-project team: regular (formal and informal) appraisals, approving timesheets, leave requests, travel, expense claims, etc, raising issues out with Package Manager’s controls with CLIENT Head office;
• Ensure adequate working conditions for the team;
• Implement a programme (with the support of the HSE group) to ensure that the correct HSE culture is followed by their team including all contractors, in particular ensuing that team members have required HSE competencies;
• Ensure that contractor and sub-contractors implement similar HSE programmes and standards;
• Act as the main point of EPC3 contract for contractor. Ensure appropriate daily administration of EPC3 contract to guarantee that contractual conditions are respected;
• Manage disputes (supported by hierarchy) as per the Delegation of Authority;
• Report on status of EPC3 contract, and escalate issues when appropriate and/or necessary;
• Maintain dialogue at all time with other CLIENT Project Managers to ensure consistency in procedures and working practices across the whole CLIENT project;
• Coordinate technical interfaces with other Packages (internal interfaces) and 3rd Parties (external interfaces), and ensure that interface is fully defined and responsibilities agreed;
• Preparation and timely submission of all reporting requirements given by the contractor’s management to include project status reports, manpower reports, HSE inspection reports, and accident/incident analysis reports;
• Notification of any changes, and respond in a timely and accurate fashion to notifications and or requests from other Packages / Parties, ensure that they have the information they need for achieving their own objectives, and vice versa;
• Liaise with Support Functions (HSE, Quality, Project Controls, Purchasing, Logistics) to optimise the use of existing resources;
• Ensure that the behaviour of all members of the Package Team and its contractors enhance the image and acceptance of the project, particularly by the local (Adrar) community;
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
University Degree (Bac+5) – Relevant discipline, Civil Engineering or Construction / building related discipline or equivalent. Mechanical / E&I competency are required at this stage, and civil for work permit.
Experience: 15+ years’ experience in Construction Project Management role. Experience working within the Oil and Gas industry is advantageous. Experience with residential facilities in MENA region, particularly in Algeria or French/Arabic speaking environment.
• Must possess sound knowledge of civil construction, earthworks, concrete and utilities.
• In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
• Communication Skills – Must have very good written and oral communications.
• Strong proven experience of contract negotiations and management.
• Good interpersonal and analytical skills, strong initiative, and drive.
• Committed and flexible on work location in support of overall project goals.
• Working knowledge of the environment throughout North Africa region.
• Strong leadership and team building capabilities.
• Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial and continuously changing corporate culture.
• Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision.
Fluency in English and French is required, and Arabic is preferred
• Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate. Able to engage contractor key players to achieve delivery and foster project efficient organization.
• Takes ownership and accountability, embraces ambiguity, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
• Works effectively in JV, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates team mindset
• Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
• Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
• Creativity and sense of initiative
• Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
• Strong problem solving capability
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
• Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
• Demonstrates HSE Leadership and contribute to CLIENT Safety performance and Culture
• Takes responsibility for health and safety within the organisation, for themselves and for others.
• Complies with health and safety regulations, instructions and rules.
• Is a role model and support compliance with the CLIENT Life Saving Rules. Knows, understands and implements the Life Saving Rules that are in place at CLIENT.
• Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
• Is able to identify hazards and stop work if required.
• Supporst that all accidents, incidents, near misses and safety observations are correctly reported, investigated and corrective actions identified, participating in investigations as required.
• Implements the consequence management procedure for direct reports if appropriate.
Acting in compliance with Company values:
Health, Safety & Environment: Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do.
Integrity: Commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations.
Accountability: Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of Client Energy.
Teamwork: Only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed.
Desculpe, esta posição não está mais aberta para inscrições.