The Survey Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all engineering work carried out on site is conducted in the best interests of the company and the Client and meets all project safety, contractual and quality requirements. The Survey Engineer shall also ensure that all equipment received to the vessel is configured correctly and calibrations and certification is kept up to date.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experience of all types of Survey sensors used across a different range of job/operations.
• Ability to understand sensor pinout/wiring diagrams, how to interface equipment and sensors through survey vehicles into the online system.
• Understanding of basic electronics, demonstrate understanding of commonly used electronic symbols and wiring principles.
• Knowledge and understanding of IT and general networking solutions. How to setup a dedicated survey network and interface survey sensors to online.
• Good knowledge of different data protocols used with survey sensors, serial 232, 422, 485 protocols, ethernet comms, fibre optic.
• Experience of CCTV and video systems. Setting up video distribution on board vessels.
• Ability to problem solve and fault find issues with equipment. Demonstrate good problem-solving practices and show common sense logical thinking to identify problems.
• Ability to make up and terminate all types of cabling, using specific tools, for interfacing, antenna cabling, network cabling, serial cabling, video cabling, ROV/survey sensor cabling.
• Ability to create vessel wiring diagrams, setup notes in relevant software packages.
• Maintain, service, calibrate equipment used in offshore survey operations.
• Keep vessel inventories, manifests, equipment certification up to date.
• Knowledge of data storage systems.
• Knowledge of online software packages, interfacing survey sensors to online systems and testing, Ability to perform online and operate software during operations.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned.
• Actively participate and lead by example in the Company’s Quality and HSE Systems and Procedures.
• Understand and comply with the company requirements, policies and procedures.
• Be prepared to “Stop the Job” in the event that yourself, others or equipment may be exposed to injury / damage.
• Comply with all Health and Safety instructions from the company.
• Correctly handle all Health and Safety equipment.
• Recognise and help control HSE hazards where applicable.
• Report all Health, Safety and Environment incidents to management, including near misses, unsafe acts and hazards.
• Utilise the Safety Observation Sheet (SOS) reporting system.
• Help generate, update and review risk assessments and job safety analysis, where applicable.
• Understand emergency plans, alarms and actions required in the event of an emergency.
• Participate in relevant HSE meetings and “tool box talks” within respective department.
• Demonstrate conversance with the Project HSE Plan where applicable to this position/department.
• Participate in accident investigations where required.
• Assume all employee responsibilities listed in the Workplace Safety and Health Act.
• Comply with return-to-work and / or rehabilitation program(s).
• Education in Electronics / Engineering preferred.
• Relevant industry experience or military/academic experience in survey related discipline.
• Satisfactory Completion of the competence criteria for Survey Engineer Grade II if previously employed at this level.
• Undertake agreed training and development in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively.
• Participate in annual and regular performance appraisal with Line Manager identifying and agreeing personal development and action plans.
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
• Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
• Ability to work both independently and within teams.
• Experience in Industry Standard Survey Packages preferable.
• Must hold a valid passport free from status or restrictive conditions that preclude travel to and work in countries where the Company routinely operates.
Desculpe, esta posição não está mais aberta para inscrições.