OVERVIEW OF ROLE
You will be specializing in the design and analysis of offshore pipelines on Tenders, FEED or Projects.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Provide specialist skills in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements, and current good engineering practice
- Produce and check deliverables, which may include design calculations, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines using DNV Tools, Abaqus or similar software
- Follow pipeline engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide pipeline engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Able to provide analysis support for projects using analysis packages
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, SCM, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Fluent in English
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Engineering experience within the Subsea, Renewable or Nuclear industry
- Experience in AutoPIPE, AGA etc. industry approved software
- Experience in ABAQUS for advanced pipeline design and analysis