Supervise in situ on site the implementation of specific Safety and Environment policies, regulations and procedures applicable to field operations in order to ensure they are met (HSE Supervision in operations, including lifting operations, vessels loading, transportation of materials).
- Provide HSE induction to employees and visitors.
- Participate and/or lead, as required, Safety and Environment compliance inspections and audits in order to identify deviations from applicable policies, regulations and procedures, as well as opportunities for improvement. Review and produce the corresponding reports.
- Daily Audits and Inspection of equipment (cranes, forklifts, etc.). Complete Critical Task Evaluations for inspections. Upload into Synergi for tracking.
- Weekly Audits of various components of contractor SEMS. Ensure all items are entered into Synergi and tracked until closure.
- HSE audits and inspections. Complete Audit Reports and Critical Task Evaluations as needed. Upload into
Synergy for tracking. On-site personnel (Safety Coach) coaching the crew and management in:
- Identification, mitigation and reporting of hazardous conditions and working practices
- Risk awareness
- Barrier/multiple barrier philosophy
- Quality in planning processes
- Implement HSE controls for the risks identified on the risk register of the project.
- Ensure the fulfilment of environmental performance practices and controls.
- Ensure the fulfilment of regulatory requirements related to the project.
- Supervise the implementation on site of established Safety and Environment plans, procedures and Bridging
- Documents, ensuring they are met by company and contracted personnel.
- Lead risk identification and evaluation sessions for field operations (work permits, handling of changes) in assets, with the aim of defining appropriate control and response measures
- Participate in Daily Work Permit Review, Toolbox Talk, and conduct Work Permit Audits. Complete Critical Task
- Evaluations as needed. Upload into Synergi for tracking.
- Contribute to safety meetings, planning meetings and any other relevant meetings where HSE is part of the agenda.
- Monitor contractor compliance with Repsol standards and requirements.
- Implement emergency response plans, including coordination of drill exercises.
- Support incident investigations as required. Complete reports for all incidents.
- Follow-up the preventive observations program and prepare reports. Ensure all items are entered into Synergi and tracked until closure.
- Enter corrective actions from audits, inspections, or incident investigations into Synergi and track them until closure.
- Ensure implementation of the Waste Management Plan.
- Collaborate in the implementation of the Environmental Monitoring Programme and in the implementation of the Environmental Approval.
- Keep and maintain updated HSE records and KPIs (safety, environment, waste management etc.). Update on Monthly HSE Tracking Database Spreadsheet. Actively identify lessons learned, deficiencies, opportunities and good practices and communicate up through the Asset/project hierarchy.
- Prepare HSE reports (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Review daily reports from contractors to ensure and monitor compliance, participation, and track observations as needed.
- Participate in the Morning Drilling Conference call (daily).
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering or other relevant field of study, with specialization in QHSE
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001
- Possess certification in NEBOSH or equivalent
Min 5 years relevant experience in HSE in Oil & Gas Projects
- English: Good verbal and written communication skills (required).
- Spanish: Good verbal and written communication skills (required).
Internal: Project HSE Coordinator / Senior Drilling Supervisor
External: Drilling and other Contractors on the rig.
Computer skills – Confident user in Windows, Word, Excel and Power Point.
The Offshore HSE Supervisor must have good planning and organizational skills and be able to take the decisive action required to ensure compliance of the HSE Management system and to achieve targets of the daily HSE requirements on the MODU.