1. General Security
At the beginning of each shift, a safety meeting will be held and organized in turn by all personnel. This safety meeting will be written down and recorded in the notebook provided for this purpose in order to have a support for the modifications of procedure.
2. Responsibilities of the Site Manager
Report to the Operations Manager.
2.1. Representative of the client Company
– To ensure the smooth running of the work site entrusted to him/her.
– Ensure the safety and health of employees at the workstation and the protection of the environment on the site.
– Make immediate decisions regarding team members.
– Act as client's point of contact with staff and third parties.
– Report daily to his/her superiors on the progress of the site and its technical, commercial and administrative progress.
– Carry out the instructions received and ensure that they are applied within the framework of the objectives that have been set.
2.2. Senior Drilling and/or Workover Technician
– Organize rig crew activities according to established schedule.
– In the event of a serious incident, intervene with the Station Manager, decide on the measures to be taken and advise his superiors.
– Maintain and perfect his general knowledge in order t o be able t o validly occupy his position of Site Manager on any operation.
2.3. Site Manager
– To ensure that maximum efficiency and profitability are achieved at all times.
– Ensure that all site documents or reports are maintained and sent.
– To manage the Company's assets by ensuring the proper conservation of the same.
– Recommend possible improvements and modifications to the installation.
– Supervise its personnel during the entire period of execution of the work
– Ensure that all necessary permits are obtained for the execution of the work.
2.4. Responsible for the personnel assigned to the site
– Ensure that a team spirit and a healthy work environment are created. To ensure the active participation of its personnel in the life of the site.
– Ensure discipline on the site, promotion of the spirit of safety and respect of the rules relating to it.
– Periodically appraise the staff under his/her command and help each one to progress to the best of his/her ability.
– Ensure the proper execution of personnel training programs and assign only authorized personnel to the site
– Manage your subcontractors
– Explain the prevention measures to the intervening personnel of his team
3. Coordination of the HSEQ plan
The Site Manager implements the HSEQ plan on the sites. He is guided by a Safety Coordinator. He replaces the Safety Coordinator in his absence. He provides him with continuous support on the following points:
3.1. SAR Program
– Encourage staff to use SAR.
3.2. Pre-job meeting ("PJM")
– Ensure that PJMs are properly prepared and completed using existing procedures.
3.3. Safety meeting on site
– Ensure that each meeting is commented on to all site personnel.
3.4. Work permit
– Sign the client's work permits.
– Ensure that the required internal work permits are applied for.
– Ensure that the instructions given in the work permit are applied
3.5. Safety training
– Follow the situation of the people concerning the compulsory security training.
3.6. Safety exercises
– Participate in safety drills.
3.7. HSEQ Plan
– Review monthly the implementation of the HSEQ plan and propose changes to management.
– Participate in the identification of risks and the definition of prevention measures
3.8. Drafting of the quarterly report
– Provide quarterly report items to management.
3.9. Relationship with the staff
– Listen to the staff, take into account their remarks, solicit their opinion to make them participate actively in the security program.