Location: Houston (TX), USA
- Tracking commodity prices and market trends to create reports and communicate updates to senior leaders on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the monthly compilation of benchmark pricing and other commercial data required by business units and other internal functions.
- Manage and update pricing differentials to be used in economic analyses.
- Build and maintain internal reports covering commercial aspects of client’s upstream portfolio (e.g., global crude inventories).
- Compile commercial metrics, including hedging performance and contractual mitigation activities among other measures, and report on a bi-weekly basis to senior leadership.
- Interface with various corporate groups such as Finance, Accounting, Commercial, and Auditing as a primary contact for commercial data issues.
- Develop modeling tools to support commercial decision making (e.g., monthly ethane elections)
- Assist in the governance of contracts across global portfolio.
In order to perform the accountabilities of this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- 3+ or more years of experience in the Oil & Gas, Energy Trading industry or Finance.
- Very strong analytical skills: ability to evaluate large, complex datasets with a variety of tools to draw relevant insights.
- Functional understanding of upstream business segment and the drivers of its P&L.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with specific ability to summarize information into an organized & presentable manner.
- Strong competency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & PowerBI.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks efficiently and timely.
- Ability to manage effectively in a client-oriented environment.
- Degrees: Bachelor of Accounting, Business Administration or Economics with oil and gas experience, or Engineer of any discipline with functional understanding of accounting/economics.
- MBA or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the midstream segment of the energy industry.
- Familiarity with North American oil & gas production and the various value drivers and relevant issues in the different plays.
- Spanish knowledge and/or fluency