Location: Houston (TX), USA
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of monthly financial results for various entities and business units including operating results, free cash flow and asset level reporting.
- Plan, manage and execute various aspects of the SAP month-end close process for multiple entities.
- Prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations.
- Research and analyze general ledger account activity for reasonableness and compliance with accounting standards and policies.
- Prepare single entity and consolidated financial statements with related footnote disclosures in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Identify, research and document technical accounting issues related to acquisitions, divestitures, swaps, leases, corporate structure reorganization plans and other business activities.
- Support the Corporate External Financial Reporting Team with relevant data for interim and annual regulatory reporting.
- Lead ad-hoc accounting projects and other corporate initiatives as required.
- Evaluate processes and controls for continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Manage external audits ensuring compliance with audit requests, coordination with various teams and effectively communicating complex accounting issues.
- Assist with the research, implementation and communication of new accounting standards and policies.
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- Minimum 10 years of financial accounting/reporting experience (IFRS experience a plus).
- Working knowledge of the E&P industry.
- CPA license preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience preparing complex consolidated financial statements.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Excellent work ethic and effective time management skills which are critical for month and quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Strong research, organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of financial and management reporting in a fast paced global public company environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Spanish language a plus.