Location: Houston (TX), USA
- The Business Analyst is the team member responsible for the timely daily support of business continuity operations pertaining to the ETRM system.
- Accountable for completion and maintenance of support tasks related to systems, and acts as a liaison between the business and all other corporate functions related to systems and interfaces.
- Support personnel responsible for ensuring Open Issue Task progression by assisting with the identification and resolution of identified system gaps and recommended changes.
- Provides level 1 and 2 user support for Allegro and integration with external and corporate systems.
- Develop functional requirements for enhanced system capabilities.
- Define, develop and maintain business processes for the Natural Gas organization.
- Facilitate end user acceptance testing.
- Configuration and maintenance tasks specific to the Natural Gas commodity activity.
- Assist users with Allegro and system integration usage and issue identification/classification.
- Support other groups including Internal Audit, External Auditors and Process Compliance by creating ad-hoc data extracts and queries, and fulfilling data requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed procedures for primary processes in Allegro (contract administration, deal entry, scheduling, valuation, accruals, actualization, invoicing, risk reporting, etc.).
- Serve as Allegro super-user, working side-by-side with users in testing and troubleshooting.
- Participate as a team member in special projects.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience providing support for ETRMs within Natural Gas trading industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Allegro 8.0 ETRM system and Allegro Horizon platform
- In-depth understanding of natural gas deal entry, scheduling, hedging, risk and management reporting, credit operations, confirmations, clearing administration, month-end accruals, settlements, payment & collection, and internal policy compliance.
- Solid experience with Front to Back energy trading internal controls, process design and documentation, process testing/audit, and process improvements; Ability to identify and understand various risks and then design and implement relevant processes/controls to mitigate them.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) and capability working with Excel and SQL.
- The legal authorization to work in the US for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Math, Accounting, Finance or Business related degree.
- Experience using the Allegro and Horizon ETRM system for natural gas and LNG.
- Experience utilizing project management principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team work, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Attitude of continuous process improvement.
- Self-motivated, able to work productively with little supervision to manage workflow.
- Ability to self-start and manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced trading environment.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Willingness and ability to continually learn and share knowledge with others.
- Persistence in problem-solving and ability to evaluate, determine, and present best solutions.
- Organizational skills and robust documentation practices
- Willingness and ability to back up others on the team in a variety of roles; willing to do whatever duties and assigned as business needs evolve.
- Strong organizational, time management
- This position reports to (title): Process Support Manager.
- Titles of positions reporting directly to this position: N/A.
- Number of employees supervised.
- Directly: 0
- Through subordinates: 0
- None other than normal office activity.