We are urgently looking for RKF Rotating Equipment Engineer in Algeria.
Defining the rotating equipment for a significant greenfield and brownfield development onshore Algeria including gas compressors, turbines, turboexpanders and HP pressure water injection pumps.
The RKF Redevelopment is a US$ multi-million + brownfield Project oil facilities designed to deliver in excess of 14,000 bopd of oil and encompasses over 14 new wells and the associated infrastructure.
The development is located onshore Algeria and is a JV between the client and SH.
The Project is currently moving into FEED.
Starting date : November 2021
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer gives support to the Engineering Manager/team and helps defining project processes or any related requirement. Promote introduction of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies to ensure best and safest practices.
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the client and JV management systems and associated procedures. This includes the internal stage gate process (Define to Execute and Execute to Operate)
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer also develops or is involved in the development of specifications, philosophies, plans, procedures and schedules.
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall be based in the FEED Contractors office until FID (expected to be UK-based) and then transition to the EPC Contractors office for Detailed Engineering and eventually to the Joint Venture offices – remote working could be arranged depending on the COVID19 restrictions.
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall ensure design, analysis and specifications will be in accordance with applicable codes, regulations, SH/the client procedures, and meet project objectives and industry best practice.
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall adhere to all HSEQ requirements within Rotating Equipment Engineering in accordance with SH/the client procedures and management systems
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall interact with other technical disciplines such as Process, Piping or Instrument
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall lead the rotating equipment design reviews
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall prepare technical bid evaluations and recommendations
- Leadership: lead the FEED contractor to assure the delivery of their rotating equipment definition work.
- Result oriented: focus to deliver on time and in quality
Member of a multidisciplinary project team of staff and contractors
- University degree in mechanical engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering experience on large programmes/projects.
- Work knowledge of French would be beneficial but is not essential.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of involvement in the engineering for capital projects across all phases of development with a particular focus on FEED and Detailed Design.
- Experience 10+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment and packages alternatives and vendors
- Deep understanding with international codes and standards
- Previous experience with commissioning and start-up of rotating machinery
- Knowledge of oil field operations
- Able to resolve technical issues