Location: Houston (TX), USA
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage revenue processing within Waterfield Revenue systems.
- Researches and addresses revenue inquires
- Working with Operations, Marketing and Land Teams.
- Royalty payment analysis and review.
- Reconciliation of the applicable balance sheets accounts (e.g. royalty accounts) on a timely basis.
- Provide variance explanations with respect to revenue month over month.
- Assist in responding to internal and external audits requests for documentation and explanations.
- Follow all internal controls related to revenue accounting.
- Investigate and help resolve interface issues between systems.
- Prepare manual vouchers as required for uploading into systems.
- Provide back-up data requested by Legal on legal audit claims and lawsuits.
- Assist with unclaimed property audit.
- Knowledge of Texas Severance Tax obligations processes.
- Legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer
- 5+ years of Revenue, Royalty and Severance Tax Accounting experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Working level proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables and lookups)
- Experience with SAP and Production Revenue Accounting systems (Waterfield Energy and Energy Components software preferred).
Key Competencies/Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate well and establish effective working relationships with others.
- Strong communication skills with all levels of Management
- Ability to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish job priorities.
- Initiative to consistently meet deadlines.
- Team player and openly collaborative.
- Attention to detailed combined with an inquisitive mindset.
- Ability to seek out and identify opportunities for improvement.