Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, UK
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspect parts, components, materials, subassemblies, harnesses and equipment against stated specifications or documents using measurement systems whilst ensuring exceptional repeatability and reproducibility. Also ensuring all equipment is kept within a valid calibration period.
- Comply with and perform inspections to the applicable procedures and standards, primarily IPC-A-610/620 Class 3.
- Perform manufacturing and engineering tests in compliance with applicable procedures and standard work instructions.
- Ensure all inspection and test activities are conducted safely. Participate in creation and review of Hazard Analysis and Risk Control for these activities.
- When authorized, perform calibration of measurement systems.
- Be familiar with inspection and test procedures, standard work and test plans, and provide input to continuously improve them.
- Document the results of inspections and tests. Verify the stability of results over time, as feasible.
- Use the guiding principles and tools of the Manufacturing System to drive continuous improvement, wherever applicable.
- Computer literate able to operate MS software packages / SAP experience an advantage
- Preferable Electronic manufacturing background
- Knowledge and training in use of X-rays inspection machines an advantage
- An understanding of SMT, Through-hole and soft leading an advantage
- Methodical approach to work
- IPC and X-ray machine certification training possible
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC or equivalent
- Experience in a Electronic Manufacturing Environment would be an advantage.