Location: Houston (TX), USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Definition of contracting strategies and tactics.
- Prepare pre-qualification and call for bid documentation / packages in accordance with corporate and project contracting and procurement procedures.
- Coordinate pre-qualification, tendering, bidding clarifications, technical and commercial evaluations and awarding processes ensuring timely progress.
- Liaise with HSE and operational areas to ensure that contract documents contain the necessary provisions for contractors / suppliers to execute the work.
- Archive and maintain documentation of all tendering processes as per auditing procedures.
- Post-contract award support to contract holders (operations and maintenance department).
- Provide advice to contract holders on contractual issues and prepare / validate contractual correspondence.
- Ensure all contractual certificates, bonds and insurances required under the contract are in place in due time.
- Ensure that risk management procedures are followed through the tendering, awarding and post-contracting process.
Specific Knowledge (Technicians, Software…):
- Standard computer & IT skills (ms work package).
- Knowledge of international trade terms.
- Basic legal skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Writing and communication skills.
- Learning capacity.
- Detailed oriented.
Education / Qualifications:
- Technical (engineer) or bachelor’s degree in a business or legal related field of study.
- 10 years experience as contracts analyst in Oil & Gas (up or downstream business), or 15 years experience as contracts analyst in engineering or construction business.
- contracts analyst in upstream business with experience in operations and maintenance contracts.
- English language (full professional proficiency).
- Spanish language (preferably, will be highly valued).
- SAP MM / SAP Ariba (valued).