Contract Duration: 12 Months
· Focused on performance and constantly striving to achieve top quartile results.
· Makes informed decisions based on thorough analysis and risk assessment along with the SDSV.
· Strong aptitude for mathematics and problem solving.
· Ability to devise and execute complex plans.
· Highly organized with good data management skills.
· Good communicator who can communicate with clarity and confidence.
· Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
· Must lead by example in terms of behaviors.
· Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.
· Seek experienced and expertise from the Senior Drilling Supervisor when dealing with situations out of his expertise.
· Support and promote the company’s policies, business philosophy, objectives, and values.
· Exhibit strong teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills.
· Familiarization with the client´s Global Norms, Procedures and Guidelines – e.g. Actions in the Event of Stuck Pipe.
· Coordinate activities with third party supervisory personnel offshore in conjunction with the SDSV
· Highly focused on HSE and Process Safety at all times. Must show strong HSE leadership throughout the project life cycle.
· Contribute ensuring compliance with both regulations and company procedures and handle non-conformities as required.
· Identify risks to people and the environment and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonably practicable.
· Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance.
· Stop any job that may harm people or the environment and,
· Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvements of HSE performance.
· Immediately report any unsafe condition or activity, dangerous occurrences or incidents/accidents in the workplace
· NDSV will report directly to the Senior Drilling Supervisor during both pre-spud and execution phases.
· NDSV will be responsible for supervising the client rig site operations and third party supervisory team to ensure operations are performed in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines, and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
· Keeps the SDSV and Offshore Installation Manager informed about issues relating to HSE, Work Management, Simultaneous Operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
· Act as the client's representative in night-shift during critical rig re-activation / mobilization phases. Jointly responsible for ensuring that the drilling unit is fit-for-purpose and arrives at the well location “ready-to-drill.”
· Ensure the client's general operating procedure is understood (ITDs/POAs generation, Inwell center engagement, standards compliance, etc).
· Responsible for ensuring that the daily operations report pre-spud phase using OpenWells (the client´s reporting system) is prepared and issued in time.
· Actively participate in independent 3rd party rig condition survey, inspections and audits.
· Review the Well Construction Program / Drilling & Completion Programs.
· Review the Well Control Bridging Document.
· Review the Well Containment Plan, Blow Out Contingency Plan and Relief Well Plan.
· Ensure all relevant lessons learned from previous projects have been reviewed and any necessary action taken to prevent re-occurrence on the client's operation.
· Review of all HSE and Logistics documentation to ensure a complete understanding (e.g. Emergency Response Plan, Oil Spill Response Plan, HSE Bridging Document, MEDEVAC Plan, Helicopter Boarding Procedure, Logistics Plan, HAZID, HAZOP, Bow Tie etc).
· Review the Well Risk Register and ensure that all the actions assigned to the onsite/offshore team are implemented.
· Review the Well Time Estimate and ensure “DSV estimated time” is included in Lookahead.
· Actively participate in main onshore DWOP.
· Responsible for delivering the offshore pre-spud and mini-DWOP meetings to ensure rig crew (of night shift) have a complete understanding of the planned operations.
· In-detail review of the well Master Equipment List (MEL). Provide feedback / recommendations.
· Perform review of the rig move preparations and related procedures, issued by the Rig Contractor
· Act as the client's Night Drilling Supervisor for operations at the well site, with work schedule mainly in night-shift and ensure all operations are executed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner while complying with the drilling program, company policy and local regulations. This should be achieved through active management of drilling contractor, the client's operational personnel and service provider personnel offshore.
· Support SDSV during any incident occurred on the rig.
· Ensure that a clear lines of communication are established on the rig for the Supervisors to be alerted immediately of any incident onboard the drilling unit (operational or HSE related) or major deviation from planned activities.
· Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies.
· Ensure site safety and environmental management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
· Ensure site team members have a clear understanding about the objectives of the operations and their roles in delivering these objectives.
· Ensure the entire offshore team is aware of the the client's operating requirements with regards to regulation compliance, ITDs/POAs preparation and compliance, MOC, Inwell center integration, reporting system, etc.
· Maintain a constant communication with Inwell center and ensure its observations, recommendations or alerts are acknowledged at all times.
· Actively participate in, and continually encourage, the use of safety systems and tools while also monitoring participation / usage (safety cards, TBT, JRA, TOF, weekly walk-around etc).
· Review daily safety card information.
· Prepare and deliver the Daily Drilling Report prepared in OpenWells reporting system. Ensure that all the information included in the DDR is detailed and accurate.
· Ensure the review of rig contractor’s IADC report is completed to ensure coding matches the the client's DDR in OpenWells (to avoid potential disputes at a later date).
· Ensure preparation and review of the daily lookahead.
· Ensure the preparation of riser, casing and liner tallies.
· Ensure that the calculations for all cement jobs are completed in order to cross-check with other members of the the client's offshore team prior to agreement on final numbers.
· Ensure other operational calculations are performed such as well control calculations, slip & crush and maximum overpull.
· Ensure presence of the clien's DSV on rig floor during critical tripping times – e.g. first 10 stands POOH, going through restrictions such as shoe / hangers / BOP / slip joint etc, last 5 stands to bottom.
· Ensure the client's representative witness tool handling and preparation are such as dressing bit with required nozzles, installing SSR wiper plugs below hanger, installing darts into cement head etc.
· Ensure the client's representative witness strapping of tubulars on deck as required (at least one representative must witness all pipe strapping with a separate deck tally to cross check against rig contractor tally).
· Ensure the review of all trip sheets and well monitoring sheets to ensure accuracy. Periodic spot checks must be performed to ensure rig contractor is correctly tracking volumes.
· Assist with the preparation of Non Conformance Reports related to NPT events.
· Assist with the Lessons Learned register to make sure they are captured accurately.
· Ensure review of the operations performed offshore after each operation phase as part of the After Action Review (AAR), and ensure that all the relevant modifications, recommendations and changes are included in the detailed plan of actions (work instructions) in the AARs. Ensure participation of relevant personnel in the AAR involved in the operations.
· Assist in incident investigations and assist with the preparation of incident reports. Report, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly.
· Build team spirit and morale through inclusive and respectful behaviours.
Relieve the SDSV when required
BSc or MSc from petroleum related study
· Good knowledge and understanding of NORSOK D-010
· Excellent written and oral command of the English language is essential.
· Minimum 5 years of relative industry experience (i.e. Senior Rig Contractor position, Senior Tool Pusher, DSL, Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Engineer or Drilling Superintendent).
· Candidate must have at least 2 years of experience working as offshore supervisor.
· Experience working with Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU’s), particularly Jackups.
· Knowledge and experience of Well Testing operations is advantageous.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Teams).
· Basic understanding of reporting systems (Landmark OpenWells, Spotfire and Pronova).
· Valid Well Control certification (IWCF Level 4 Combined Surface and Subsea BOP Stack or IADC WellSHARP Supervisor Level).
· Valid Offshore Survival certification
· Valid Medical certifications
Sorry, this position is no longer open for applications.
In recent years, we have invested in the digitalization of our recruitment process so that our recruiters can dedicate more time to qualitative discussions with the selected candidates. We have also redesigned our job board on the website to make it easier to find jobs and apply. The entire Recruitment team is committed to providing the best possible experience to our candidates.