Location: Houston (TX), USA
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the land team to ensure all required AFEs and supplements have been received.
- Resolve working interest disputes through collaboration with Land and Division Order.
- Proactively review existing and new JV accounting procedures.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of applicable A/P and A/R accounts.
- Record incoming JIBs for operated & non-op operations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Record incoming payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide JV audit assistance and coordination as needed.
- Backup and assist capital team with analysis and AFE creation and maintenance.
- Be recognized as the SAP expert for the JV function in the business unit and assist in the continuous improvement of SAP processes as it pertains to JIB’s and payments.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and lookups), Word and Outlook.
- Project management skills to assist in specific initiatives as they arise.
- Familiarity with Asset Retirement Obligations, DD&A and the year-end impairment process.
- Experience with Gulf of Mexico and Onshore US oil and gas plays (conventional and unconventional).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5 years of progressive working experience, preferably in upstream Oil and Gas.
- Experience working with COPAS agreements.
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is desirable but not required.
- Detail orientated coupled with the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.