Location: Houston (TX), USA
Detailed Role Description:
Actual working experience is required to support IT Finance & Projects US in the management of the IT USA Budget and Forecasts and performs all accounting tasks (clerical and analytical) related to G&A cost centers including budgeting consolidation, actuals monitoring, etc. Active listening, challenge and assertiveness, innovation and teamwork are important soft-skills as the incumbent will be interacting with IT Service Managers in USA and counterparts in Spain.
- Responsible for month-end close IT tasks including accruals, reclassifications, prepayment, Intercompany allocations review and data uploads to the NA IT Performance Power BI.
- Follow up with Accounting to guarantee the correct posting of the IT transactions and team work to solve related issues.
- Process PW invoices for the recurrent IT vendors / services identified under this category.
- Proactively follow up with the Contract Holders of the PW services and the IT manager in getting approvals to pay on time invoices, in particular the ones related to critical services.
- Liaise with vendors, MDM support, and SCM in the SAP set up of new IT vendors or updates as needed to the data master.
- Keep track of the budget vs actuals in a monthly basis and alert on any discrepancies.
- Proactively communicate with the IT Contract Holder or Service Owner to understand or solve the variances.
- Help during the budgeting review exercise by providing an accurate spend and forecast.
- Perform account analysis and research as needed.
- Liaise with Control de gestion in Corporate office to obtain in a timely manner the Client SA intercompany invoices related to the IT Services.
- During the year end, work with the Contract Holder on identifying the accruals for services provided pending for billing.
- Prepare ah-hoc reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related.
- Minimal 5-7 years of working experience in a Corporate environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Intermedia / advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Desirable experience developing reports in Power BI.
- Experience working with SAP – MM, FI modules.
- Familiarity with SAP PS (Projects) module preferred.
- Accounting experience within the energy sector preferred.
- Detail oriented coupled with the ability to learn quickly.
- Able to balance priorities and work under pressure and tight deadlines.