We are urgently looking for a Head of Instrument (Instrument Supervisor) in Algeria.
- Responsibility for all Instrumentation, control and safety system (CSS) in HBR field facilities including HBR Production system at REB and future new installation equipment in the field
- Ensure all facilities are maintained in compliance with Company’s Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) policy
- Responsible to plan, and coordinate adequate resources for all instrument and control system maintenance activities.
- Supervise instrument technician, foreman, and contractors including third parties to ensure work comply with relevant procedures such as SSHE and Maintenance Standard Procedure
- Ensure all Instrumentation and control system of HBR Asset are maintained safely and efficiently in accordance to maintenance strategy to assure good reliability.
- Ensure good planning and scheduling of works
- Ensure compliance with hygiene and safety rules
- Collaborates with other departments in the development of procurement plans for the units for which it is responsible
- The incumbent’s duties are to comply with hygiene, safety and environmental rules and guidelines. Guarantees the availability of equipment and systems.
- Participated in the development of preventive maintenance programs for all Instrumentation, control and safety system (CSS)
- Rational use of personnel and material means to achieve objectives within the timeframe
- Collaboration and coordination with other departments for the execution of the work
- Ensures the intensive use of the computer tool to assist Maintenance Management System such as SAP or other ERP system
- Ensure Preventive / Corrective Maintenance program in CMMS (ERP) system is executed in timely manner as per plan with proper close out. Conducts and tracks the effective use of CMMS
- Performance analysis of all instruments, Control and Safety Systems (CSS) for necessary improvements
- Produce maintenance standard procedures and work instructions according to maintenance program
- Plan and coordinate to ensure adequate resources for all maintenance activities
- Contribute and interact with other relevant department in facility planning process and platform inspection routines
- Coordinates and responsible for the operation of the services and maintenance workshops attached to his department
- Conduct inspections and audit to evaluate equipment and utilities operational condition to determine necessary remedial action
- Prepare and/or review, and submit relevant reports required
- Resolving technical problems and establishing revision programs
- Development and participation in technical studies of new renovation or expansion project
- Collaboration in budgeting for human and material needs
- Developing the specifications as needed
- Developing the appropriate training program for staff development
- Keeps up‐to‐date technical documentation related to all instruments, Control and Safety Systems (CSS)
- Supervise Engineers, foremen and technicians under Instrument Section
- Supervise Contractors and third parties to ensure work comply with relevant procedures such as SSHE and Maintenance Standard Procedure
- Cultivate ownership of equipment and tools to ensure availability and reliability
- Manage team competence development and performance
- Good management and problem solving skills
Continuous Professional Development
- Keep abreast of relevant latest technology development to be considered for possible implementation at work place.
- Considering for Cost optimization VS Best efficiency
- Signatory to certify onshore pre‐commissioning/ commissioning activities including, e.g. troubleshooting and repair report for all Instrumentation and CSS.
- Participated in the development of Instrumentation and CSS preventive / Corrective maintenance programs using CMMS database (ERP system)
- Assist Head of Maintenance to evaluate the requirement of Available Critical Spares
The primary responsibilities for Head of Instrument are:
- Promote active safety awareness in the Maintenance Department, Monitor and ensure compliance with Management of Change (MOC) and Company’s SSHE procedures.
- Support Head of Maintenance during emergency response and be able to handling emergency situation
- Undertake safety inspection of plant, equipment, machinery and process
- Work towards achieving the MOC Health and Safety Objectives
- Ensure preparation of Permit to work is compiled as SSHE Procedure
- Report all accident, incidents, near‐misses and dangerous occurrences to Head of Maintenance immediately.
- Ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and established MOC safety and Maintenance Procedures.
- Ensure that any changes or minor modification to any plant, equipment or machinery are via Engineering Work request Procedure and that all documentation is complete.
- Head of Maintenance and his subordinates in Maintenance department
- Head of Production and his subordinates in Production department
- SSHE Manager and his subordinates in SSHE department
- Related Support function at HMD base and Algiers office
- HBR Contractors and EPC Contractors
- Vendors, workshops and related support personnel
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree or Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Instrument & Control or Electrical Engineering or relevant technical experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in hydrocarbon production industry environment on Instrumentation and Control System
- Broad knowledge and competent in oil and gas facilities maintenance and process.
- Broad knowledge of Project, Construction and Commissioning activities, with previous experience in one or more Algeria construction sites.
- Experience working in the Dessert environment, preferably Algeria
- Ability to work Rotational Basis : 4X4 SR
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Physical and / or intellectual effort
- Be able to travelling for company’s business
- Have knowledge of business drivers affecting MOC
- Managing on Job Training (OJT) and knowledge transfer / Coaching