Location: Houston (TX), USA
Areas to cover:
All Business Units, with focus on USA, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Peru, Bolivia, Guyana and Norway.
- Understanding of geological and geophysical services and operations.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of tenders management and negotiations.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Availability to align working schedule to Europe timeframe when required (early start, 7 am Houston time).
G&G Supply Chain Lead, based in Madrid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create contract strategies and call for bid packages.
- Prepare in collaboration with the user all the information required: Scope of Work, tender documents, evaluation matrix, draft contract, etc.
- Follow up tender clarifications with Supplier and stakeholders.
- Evaluate bids and issue the bid award recommendation for Client, partners and Local Authorities.
- Lead contracts negotiations (balancing technical, commercial, legal and risk considerations).
- Analyse and check the cost effectiveness of the contracts and create savings.
- Apply the Supply Chain, Contract Holder, HSE Management fundamentals within the Project Contracts Strategy.
- Coordinate and supervise with the user that the contract has been perform as per expectations. Ensure that an evaluation of the service is performed at the end of the contract. Effective follow up claims, contract management and change orders.
- Effective documentation/filing system.
- Manage Reporting Data Information System.
- Manage and executing the developed procedures in an effective and efficient way, giving due consideration to the continuous changing requirements and time-planning from the customers.
- Compliance with client (Corporate) procedures, Joint Venture and Local procedures.
- Establish an effective relationship within G&G Team and Technical Departments.
- Ability to work in several projects simultaneously.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSC – Engineering or Business Management).
- Specific training on Supply Chain and Logistics (if applicable).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams).
Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience in Contract Management in a leading (best practice performer) Oil Companies with focus on Exploration operations and services, seismic, processing.
- Proven track record of dealing with complex contracts, demonstrating knowledge of contractual, financial, commercial and technical matters.
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Required behaviours & skills:
- Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times.
- Team player who is approachable and actively promotes a high level of interaction across multiple disciplines, across different countries and different timelines.
- Highly focussed on negotiations.
- Ability to work in a stressful and difficult environment.
- Highly organised with good data management skills
- Can communicate with clarity (even through online tools) , confidence and maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.