Location: Houston (TX), USA
Areas to cover:
All Business Units, with focus on USA, Canada, Mexico, Spain And Norway.
- Deep knowledge of legal terms in oil and gas contracts.
- Knowledge and understanding of services in oil and gas industry.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Availability to align working schedule to Europe timeframe when required (early start, 6 am Houston time).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supports and negotiates contracts terms and conditions in coordination with legal departments from Client.
- Coordinates with HQ teams such as Insurance, Intellectual Property, Risks and Taxation departments to push for negotiations close outs.
- Focal point for contractual finance, legal, HSE and insurance considerations.
- Follow up on adherences and negotiations for Global Frame Agreements and re-negotiations of Global T&Cs with Tier 1 vendors.
- Effective follow up contract management and change orders/amendments.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSC – Business Management, Legal).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams).
Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience in Contracts negotiations in a leading (best practice performer) Oil Companies with focus on Drilling /Exploration operations.
- Proven track record of dealing with complex contracts, demonstrating knowledge of contractual, financial and technical matters.
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Required behaviours & skills:
- Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times.
- Team player who is approachable and actively promotes a high level of interaction across multiple disciplines, across different countries and different timelines.
- Highly focussed on negotiations and close outs.
- Ability to work in a stressful and difficult environment.
- Be Abel to work in several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Highly organised with good data management skills.
- Can communicate with clarity (even through online tools), confidence and maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.