Location: Houston, TX, USA
Areas to cover:
All Business Units, with focus on USA, Canada, Mexico, Spain and Norway.
- Understanding of drilling and completions operations.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of tenders management and negotiations.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Availability to align working schedule to Europe timeframe when required (early start, 6 am Houston time).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create contract strategies and call for bid packages.
- Evaluate bids and issue the bid award recommendation for Client, partners and Local Authorities.
- Lead contracts negotiations (balancing technical, commercial, legal and risk considerations).
- Analyze and check the cost effectiveness of the contracts and create savings.
- Apply the Supply Chain, Contract Holder, HSE Management fundamentals within the Project Contracts Strategy.
- Effective follow up claims, contract management and change orders.
- Effective documentation/filing system.
- Manage Reporting Data Information System.
- Manage and executing the developed procedures in an effective and efficient way, giving due consideration to the continuous changing requirements and time-planning from the customers.
- Compliance with Client (Corporate) procedures, Joint Venture and Local procedures.
- Establish an effective relationship within D&C Team and Madrid Technical Departments.
- Ability to work in several projects simultaneously.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSC – Engineering or Business Management).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams).
Experience & knowledge:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience in Contract Management in a leading (best practice performer) Oil Companies with focus on Drilling /Exploration operations.
- Proven track record of dealing with complex contracts, demonstrating knowledge of contractual, financial, commercial and technical matters.
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Required behaviours & skills:
- Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times.
- Team player who is approachable and actively promotes a high level of interaction across multiple disciplines, across different countries and different timelines.
- Highly focussed on negotiations.
- Ability to work in a stressful and difficult environment.
- Highly organised with good data management skills
- Can communicate with clarity (even through online tools), confidence and maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.