Location: HOuston (TX), USA
The Credit Operations Analyst will play a role in reviewing and monitoring credit operations and ensuring that the risk management policies are adhered by for all North American Natural Gas Trading and Upstream activities. The Analyst will manage all credit support and systems required to meet the needs of the business unit. The Credit Operations Analyst will also be the point person for collateral management within the Credit Operations group.
- Daily preparation and analysis of credit monitoring reports
- Daily margining and collateral management activity of North America Naturals Gas Upstream and Downstream operations
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders in the North America and Europe
- Evolution of existing and development of new processes and controls pertaining to margining and collateral management
- Support negotiation of credit related documentation governing purchase/sale of physical commodities (natural gas) and derivatives transactions
- Maintenance and reporting of associated KPI metrics, working with Process Support as necessary.
- Perform user testing related to Horizon Credit Risk Report and Horizon credit module as necessary
- Perform periodic analyses of contractual credit terms and miscellaneous ad-hoc projects.
- Legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of energy risk management and/or energy compliance.
- Previous experience with natural gas energy contracts (NAESB/ISDA/GasEDI).
- Understanding of natural gas trading activities and credit exposure reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of collateral management and collateral documents in commodity industry.
- Familiarity with structured natural gas confirmations.
- Strong understanding of contractual credit risk management.
- Proficiency with Energy Trading Transaction Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Allegro and SAP is a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.