Reporting to: Head of Production
Supervisor: Head of Wellsite
Division/ Department: Hassi Bir Rekaiz (HBR) Project / Production Department
Location: 129 kilometers to the east of Hassi Messaoud, Touggourt Region, Sahara Desert, Algeria
- To ensure the production systems are operated safely and efficiently, in accordance with management systems whilst maximizing yields and recovery
- To utilize oil & gas processing skills and knowledge, for the safe and efficient operations of the platform processing and the surface facilities control systems
- Undertake safe Operating envelop of plant, equipment, machinery and process
- Communicate and coordinate with multi-discipline for the success of client Project
- Ensure planned and scheduling of works are safely executed
- Ensure compliance with hygiene and safety rules
- To operate hydrocarbon production systems and associated utilities in a safe and controlled manner with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with legislation and the requirement of the platform management systems.
- Analyze production data and process performance to ensure timely identification of deviating trends and potential problems.
- Respond to plant upsets and emergencies.
- Participating in Surface facilities commissioning & start-up activities on behalf of the Production Operations Department.
- Participate in the start-up and shut-down of Wellsite, Gathering system, and comingle pipeline to REB. Ensuring the following of sequential procedures for opening/closing valves and associated equipment.
- Closely monitoring the flow of oil production, gas injection and water on day to day operations and coordinate daily well testing
- Control surface parameters of oil and water wells as well as satellites. And validate the well parameter report
- Maintain a comprehensive log of all production activities
- Coordinate with well services engineer (techniques and interventions) for programming operations and interventions on wells.
- Ensure that corrosion control is continuously monitored and addressed in all producing wells and flowlines.
- Coordinate and monitor surface safety system operation tests and all safety critical element with the maintenance and SSHE department.
- Ensure that sufficient shift-changeovers information concerning the general conditions of the process is either received or given.
- Hand over rotation to back to back counterpart including briefing counterpart on main events and required follow-up action.
- Manage / record inventory stock and requisitions for all consumables, materials, tools and equipment necessary for the smooth and safe operations of the client Operating Asset.
- Ensure adequate and accurate information recording concerning the operating/ production process, such as flow rates, maintenance problems, manpower statistics (i.e. rotational schedule, etc.).
- Ensure awareness on the Company and SSHE rules & regulations among shift personnel and, in case of emergencies, take appropriate action (shutdown and venting the process, evacuation of personnel, etc.) to avoid or minimize loss.
- Communicate with Well measurement and control technicians (Production Operators) and Head of Wellsite for day to day oil and gas production activities.
- Communicate with maintenance and inspection technicians or Contractors for planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Provide necessary information and support to maintenance and inspection activities regarding maintenance requirements, store, purchase, and personnel.
- Participate actively in the preparation/revision of the procedures upon assignment from Head of wellsite or Head of Production.
- To promote SSHE awareness by ensuring all safety procedures are strictly abided by where he is in charge of.
- To promote good relationship between the team among the Production department (EP).
- Propose improvements to the design or operation of equipment to improve the efficiency and SSHE standard on the different parts of the process.
- To train, develop and mentor Well measurement and control technicians (Production Operators) in order to improve job competency
- Deal with any incident that occurs on the facilities and make timely decisions.
- Safety, timeliness and quality of work under supervision contributing to the daily production target achievement.
- SSHE rules and regulations are adhered to and implemented by contractors and employees under supervision.
- Provide guidance to Well measurement technician (Production operators)
- Completion of work and sufficient shift-changeover information to be provided to back to back counterpart.
- Supervise maintenance and inspection technicians, Contractors including third parties to ensure work comply with relevant procedures such as SSH, Permit to Work, and Operation standard procedures.
- Cultivate ownership of equipment and tools to ensure availability and reliability
- Manage team competence development and performance.
- Good management and problem solving skills
Continuous Professional Development
- Keep abreast of relevant latest technology development to be considered for possible implementation at work place.
- Considering for Cost optimization VS Best efficiency
- Signatory to certify onshore pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities
- Take in charge of Shift Controller to ensure all Operation and Maintenance activities are performed safely.
- Responsible for Production reporting system and daily production report for either Internal and External
- Approver of subordinates timesheet, extra day, overtime, leaves
The primary responsibilities for Control Room Operator (DCS Operator) are:
- Having in-depth knowledge and experience to ensure personal and corporate HSE & regulatory compliance.
- Contribute in safety review of planned shut-down, safety inspections of plant, equipment and machinery and process.
- Work towards Permit to Work System compliance (JSA, JHA & Schedule waste management).
- Contribute in safety meetings, risks assessments, regular musters, drills and exercises as directed.
- Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, accidents, incidents and near-misses to direct supervisor immediately.
- Work towards achieving the MOC Health and Safety Objectives.
- Ensure a complete competent in the MOC Permit to work System Procedures.
- Ensure that all Well sites, equipment and machinery is operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and Operation & Maintenance manual.
- Understand any changes or minor modification to any Well sites, Gathering system. equipment or machinery via Management of Change (MOC) registration
- Support On-Scene Commander and Intervention team during emergency response and be able to handling emergency situation
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Production control room operator with in either the onshore desert hydrocarbon industry or onshore petrochemical plant.
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme and educated to diploma level in hydrocarbon production operations. Additional trade skills would be advantageous.
- Additional hands-on experience associated with well servicing and intervention would be desirable
- Be part of Project, Construction and Commissioning activities, with previous experience in Algeria construction sites or other country (preferable)
- Self-motivated eager to contribute to the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the plant and equipment
- Positive and flexible work ethic
- Thorough and reliable worker operating to a high standard
- Ability to work and remain focused and decisive under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Thorough and reliable worker operating to a high standard
- Sensitive to the needs of a multi-cultural workforce
- Production and Well measurement and technique management
- Management skills, sense of command, analytical and synthesis skills, communication skills, initiative and team spirit
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Physical and / or intellectual effort
- Ability to work Rotational Basis : 4X4 SR
- Be able to travelling for company’s business
- Managing on Job Training (OJT) and knowledge transfer / Coaching
- Experience with training and transfer of knowledge in support of nationalization programs.